Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe/DeVille Owner's club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by crapthatsloud, Apr 21, 2011.

1. tricky

tricky Strat-Talk Member

Mar 15, 2015
    uk
    I'm in. HRD3 bought at end of last year. All stock as I'm a wee bit nervy around mucking with tubes and mains power. Love the preamp squelchy overdrive. Never wanted death metal grunt, just a bit of keef. Got the pedals when I wanna get my floyd on. ImageUploadedByStrat-Talk forum1432286767.690626.jpg ImageUploadedByStrat-Talk forum1432286784.326074.jpg

2. hellaGNARLY

hellaGNARLY Strat-Talker

Feb 25, 2015
    California
    My 2010ish 2x12

Attached Files:

3. ems977

ems977 Strat-Talker

Aug 24, 2014
    Mount Pleasant, Michigan
    My new 2016 Hot Rod Deluxe III Limited Edition Tweed with a Jensen C12N speaker.
    [​IMG]

Fendereedo and kchurch like this.

4. Eugene Fastcar

Eugene Fastcar Strat-Talk Member

Apr 28, 2016
    Western Australia
    Here's my DeVille 410. Waaaaaaay too much amp for home....but I just can't bear to sell it!! Love the sound. Love the look! image.jpeg

flynnstone and Fendereedo like this.

5. ems977

ems977 Strat-Talker

Aug 24, 2014
    Mount Pleasant, Michigan
    Well. I have had a chance to play my new Hot Rod Deluxe III Tweed amp for approx. 1-2 months now. I love the look of the tweed covering. It really is nice knowing that I truly have a limited edition item that has a vintage look. Also, the clean tone is still amazing. It matches up well with my pedals. I previously had a somewhat negative opinion regarding the amp's drive/more drive channel but I have grown to appreciate it now that I have been able to play it for a while now. My negative opinion towards the drive/more drive channel was based mainly on my unrealistic expectations when waiting to hear the drive channel. I expected the amp's drive channel to be something it was not designed to be. I thought I could get hard rock, more saturated/compressed overdrive from the drive channel. So, I was disappointed when I first plugged in and tried to rock out. I wanted to get Van Halen, Rage Against the Machine, Alice In Chains overdrive....but this amp's drive channel was not intended to put that sort of tone out. This amp has much more of a mid range bluesy overdrive tone. This tweed version HRD III drive/more drive channel has a different overdrive tone than the regular HRD III drive/more drive channel. This amp has less overdrive compared to the regular HRD III. I think mainly due to the Jensen C12N speaker that this amp has. I don't think this speaker reacts to the drive/more drive channel the same way the regular HRD III does. Anyway, I like the amp's drive channel much more now because I know what it can do and, more importantly, what it cannot do. The amp's drive channel is great for SRV bluesy overdrive and other blues rock tones. Especially when I use my Digitech Bad Monkey for a clean boost (no gain/Max level on BM). Very mid range overdrive tone. But this amp's drive channel will not get anywhere to hard rock overdrive. You WILL need a pedal for those tones. So, if you have realistic expectations of the amp's overdrive then you will not really be disappointed. Another thing, there are many reviews out these saying this amp cannot get quiet enough for in room/apartment levels. That is not true. This amp's volume can be reduced to levels for bedroom volumes. It really is not meant for that......this amp can get very loud at 40w. But, it can be lowered to acceptable bedroom levels. It does sound better, though, the louder it is.....as most tube amps do. I strongly recommend this amp now that I have learned what it was designed for and how to work the overdrive channels.

6. flynnstone

flynnstone Strat-O-Master

Oct 28, 2013
    wisconsin
    Just got me this cute lil blonde. My first fender amp . Haven't done the preamp tube swap to help the volume spike yet but have the tube . Will get around to it soon . I figure I'll pull it out on my deck on the 4th and crank it and try the star spangled banner .... It'd be downright unpatriotic to call the cops on that one !!!!

Attached Files:

7. Adam Moss

Adam Moss Strat-O-Master

Feb 10, 2016
    Manchester, UK
    Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 15.03.07.png

Here's my HRDIII, right next to my Fender Mustang IV v2.

8. VanWhelan

VanWhelan Strat-Talk Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Roswell, GA, USA
    212 DeVille owner here. USA-made 2001 model. Bought brand new and it's still running strong 15 years later!

It's been my main amp for years, until I got my '64 Deluxe Reverb 2 years ago.

9. TheDbleD

TheDbleD Strat-Talk Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Munford, TN
    I recently picked up the HRD iii in Blonde/Emerald. I can't seem to find any info on this color combo other than a couple of stock photos on Google.
    Anyone have any insight?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017

10. jaymichaels

jaymichaels Strat-Talker

Feb 7, 2017
    Tempe,AZ

11. jaymichaels

jaymichaels Strat-Talker

Feb 7, 2017
    Tempe,AZ

12. Braumeisterblake

Braumeisterblake Strat-Talker

Feb 17, 2017
    Wheaton, Il
    IMG_0134.JPG I got my HRD 112 with a celestion v12 70w for $399, near mint. Footswitch, but I prefer cleans and effect pedals. It sounds so good. I've been playing a year and figure I can alway buy more power later.

13. Braumeisterblake

Braumeisterblake Strat-Talker

Feb 17, 2017
    Wheaton, Il
    Question-how do you age these? I'm guessing this is built right after they moved to Mexico because it otherwise looks like the old USA one. Just a curiosity.

14. garyhoos1

garyhoos1 Huffing n Puffing. Silver Member

Jan 28, 2012
    North Wales and Somerset.
    Had it a few months now, I’m a happy bunny.

IMG_1959.JPG

15. Jeepocaster

Jeepocaster Strat-O-Master

10689713_913871871975845_1785544151601741773_n.jpg

1993 USA 4X10 Blues DeVille. I also had a 59 reissue Bassman I used with it for a while.

16. shupe13

shupe13 Strat-O-Master

Feb 17, 2010
    Greenfield, IN