Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe IV substitutes?

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by Tomas83, Sep 12, 2018.

1. errikwong

errikwong Strat-Talker

Mar 11, 2018
    Singapore
    Okay, in that case, perhaps you could look towards solid-state amps, which IMO happen to perform better in low volume situations, and easier to fit into your budget.

2. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-O-Master

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners
    Thanks that’s a little too much over my budget. I’d be more comfortable with price at about half of that...

3. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-O-Master

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners
    I might do that, but most of my life I prayed SS amps and I’m kind of difficult on going back to that technology.

4. errikwong

errikwong Strat-Talker

Mar 11, 2018
    Singapore
    I can understand. I always only play tube amps, the only SS amps I own and use at home are the Yamaha THR10C and THR100HD amps. They're not cheap, but they sound fantastic.

Elsewhere, the Vox AV and VR series is a good offering.

Tomas83 likes this.

5. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Why limit yourself to a Hot Rod, the original Blues Deluxe was a nicer amp for everything except heavy gain. There are plenty of used Blues Deluxes on the market, they've been making them since around 1994.

6. chicago slim

chicago slim Strat-Talker

Aug 23, 2010
    Bowling Green, KY
    I've down-sized from 40 watt amps, to amps running 2 6V6's (10 to 12 watts). If you can find a SCXD or SCX2, they sells for around $200. They have modeling and built in effects. I upgraded my speakers with a better Eminence or Celestion speakers, giving me enough volume for shows up to about 200 people.

The Laney Cub 10 is a little smaller and less expensive, without any digital effects. My Vox is a TB18C1, which is about the same size as a HRD. Kustom tube amps are always a good value. But, they can be hard to find.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Tomas83 likes this.