Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Fender Mustang GT series amplifiers..

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by JB74, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue Most Honored Senior Member

Jan 28, 2008
    South Carolina
  2. Shades of Blue

Jan 28, 2008
    South Carolina
    I am enjoying the heck out of my new GT 100. I've played more electric this weekend than I have in the past few months with Helix. It is so easy to use, and I love streaming Chris Stapleton and John Mayer tracks through the GT and jamming with it. Makes playing fun again.

I'm also running this through my Line 6 Powercab. This makes the sound more full, with a LOT more low end punch. Really cool set up. I can also use the speaker sims in the Powercab to get different speaker flavors.

View attachment 311644

The-Kid likes this.
  3. johnnymg

johnnymg Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    Congrats on the new GT.

BTW, your image isn't visible because of a permission setting.

The-Kid likes this.
  4. johnnymg

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    double post because the forum SW is messed up. :thumbd:

5. J4zz

J4zz Strat-Talk Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Australia
    You should be happy then, because that is just how I use mine. Not always with a backing track, usually with vocals fed back into the amp via the aux. input. The amp is FR enough for decent vocals.

I just put half a dozen or so patches on the favourites list, and use them all the time. I have fine tuned them into some great sounds that I enjoy using. Occasionally I'll spend some time experimenting, but usually it's back to playing music.

Shades of Blue likes this.
  6. Shades of Blue

Jan 28, 2008
    South Carolina
    What I LOVE about it is that there are already stripped down patches of every amp, so there is a good starting place for just sitting around and jamming. With Helix, you have to start from the ground up with EVERY amp. I hated that about it.

7. slowesthand

slowesthand Senior Stratmaster

Oct 23, 2011
    NY
    How close is the sound quality on the GT compared to the Helix?

Shades of Blue likes this.
  8. Shades of Blue

Jan 28, 2008
    South Carolina
    Gosh, tough question! I will first say that I think that the Helix is definitely the higher quality sound. That said, the GT is VERY convincing and believable. I don't think that it cleans up as well with the volume knob, and I think that it sounds a little more spikey in comparison perhaps, but nonetheless a good sound.

Having said that, I think that the Fender models in the GT sound more like Fender amps. I just hear the signature Fender tone more in the GT than I do the Helix. Maybe that has a lot to do with how the Helix needs to be setup properly, but therein lies my issue with the Helix and the complexity of dialing in patches to sound great.

With Helix, you have to choose an amp, cab, effects, signal path, set volume levels, choose a mic that works best for you, and then have a means to amplify the sound through either headphones or a PA speaker. With the GT you select one of the amp patches already set (with reverb no less) and adjust and jam from there.

Sound wise, I am able to get a more believable good tone from the GT faster than the Helix. Factor in that you can stream music over Bluetooth and get this amount of fun for $300 vs $1000+ for Helix? No brainer for the home player.

johnnymg likes this.
  9. johnnymg

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    I'm thinking of getting one of the 100W combos to convert into a head. Might be a pretty cool way to get close-enough to my Fender DRRI with a GT head and 2x12 cab setup.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    The-Kid likes this.
  10. slowesthand

slowesthand Senior Stratmaster

Oct 23, 2011
    NY
    Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive reply.
    A couple of more questions, have you compared the loopers in each?
    And how do the effects compare?

11. Nick Evans

Nick Evans Senior Stratmaster

May 8, 2016
    South Wales UK
    I still have my MIII v2, still a great amp. But I recently bought a Vox VT100X the vox amp tones blow the MIII right out of the water. The down side of the vox is the lack of send / return, outputs and the effects and speaker sims are not as adjustable. I still rather the Vox.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  12. Shades of Blue

Jan 28, 2008
    South Carolina
    I have only really used the tubescreamer, reverbs, and a couple of delays. All sound good to me so far. I haven't used the looper, but plan to in the coming days.