Join Strat-Talk Today

Fender Strat Standard MIM in sonic blue?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Eugenio Gonzalez, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Eugenio Gonzalez

Eugenio Gonzalez Strat-Talk Member

I found a fender strat mim guitar, in sonic blue, and I've been looking for one for a long time. Doing some research found that there are in fact mim standards in that color. Atho it's not the classic player, which I believe is the most recent. This guitar is from 2008, has the serial number strating with MN83. I can post the whole serial number but I don't know if that's ok in this forum. Question is if this is a genuine fender strat, or someone switched the arm?

Edit: Looked the serial number in the fender serials page and the guitar is from 1991-2006 .

2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Canada Strat-Talk Supporter

MN8 is not 2008, it's 1998...do you have photos? Welcome to the forum!

We need to see photos to know if it's genuine or modified.....etc....

3. Eugenio Gonzalez

Thank you, yes indeed, just looked the serial and it's a 98. here are the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Eugenio Gonzalez

Thanks for the awnser

5. Guitarmageddon

The neck is from a 1998 Standard...the body might be but I don't remember that color....did the seller show any photos of the pickup routing? This MIGHT be a Squier Sonic Blue body.....I just want to confirm by the shape of the pickup and control routing.....

6. bsman

bsman Strat-Talker

However else it turns out - that neck has a really tasty looking rosewood fingerboard.

Eugenio Gonzalez likes this.
  7. Mr Dunlop

Mr Dunlop Senior Stratmaster

Looks like it has a Fender noiseless N3 pickup in the neck and a seymour rail pickup in the bridge

8. Eugenio Gonzalez

Just did some research in the fender's price catalogs of those years 97-98 and no sonic blue mexican standars... so I guess that it is a sonic blue squier body, it makes sense since it's in excelent condition for a "20 years" old guitar, don't you think?

9. Andrew Wasson

Andrew Wasson Strat-O-Master

Nice guitar!

I’m obsessed with Sonic Blue Strats and just can’t get enough of them. It would be interesting to know how that one came to be but it doesn’t really matter if it plays well and you like it. You can always run the serial number on the fender site to get information about what that neck was originally joined to but it may not get you the colour or it may just be too old to be in the database.

https://www.fender.com/product-registration/serial-search

10. Guitarmageddon

I couldn't say...it could also be a high quality professional refinish...i'd have to see the body with the pickguard off....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.