Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Fender Super Champ XD Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by 32soundz, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 3, 2009
    Mobile Bay
    Crawdaddy-is that guitar cable any good? It looks like an old phone cord.

2. Mr. Poon

Mr. Poon Strat-Talker

Feb 6, 2012
    Arkansas
    I've had my XD since I got my EJ Strat. Love #16 with a little reverb and delay, what a great amp.

Any other voice # favorites?

3. BEACHBUM

BEACHBUM Strat-O-Master

Mar 6, 2010
    Las Vegas

4. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 3, 2009
    Mobile Bay
    Let's talk about the tube breakup sounds...

Last week, I was practicing these sounds on voice 7 w/ gain set at various points between 7 & 10 to achieve it.

Anyone have favorite settings for this idea?

5. SixAngryStrings

SixAngryStrings Strat-Talk Member

Feb 14, 2013
    California
    Hey, us Vibro champ guys have our own 5 watt club now... Whoo Hoo!!!

6. Telelite

Telelite Strat-Talk Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Ledbury, UK
    I've had mine 3 years and never get tired of it. Great little amps! Recently got a 1x12 extension cab which I've used for a couple of gigs. Amazing sound. I'd like to get the X2 head for the cab and use the XD for practices. Anybody tried comparing them back to back?

7. strat_jones

strat_jones Strat-Talk Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Denver, CO
    image-3181423998.jpg

image-1498988826.jpg

I've traded up recently, my Bugera V5 amp for the SCXD--the Bugera was all break up, there's so much more versatility to SCXD with the voices and effects.
    I also traded my HSS Squire SE Strat and cash for my MIM (with AlNiCo V pick ups!).

Attached Files:

Count Glockula® likes this.

8. thermocoffee

thermocoffee Strat-Talk Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm getting a super champ xd tomorrow. What I've read and heard it's AWESOME! Will post pictures once I get it home!

9. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    ^^^
    Congrats. Hope you love it.

10. thermocoffee

thermocoffee Strat-Talk Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY
    Here's my super champ xd. I love it! I do!

Attached Files:

11. chicago slim

chicago slim Strat-Talker

Aug 23, 2010
    Bowling Green, KY
    I've had my original SCXD for about three years, and I just picked up a second one. I run an Eminence Legend 105 in one, and a Celestion G10N-40 in the other.

When my buddy inherited a pristine blackface Princeton Reverb, he re-tubed it, and we did a side by side comparison. We both liked the SCXD better. He has since sold the PR and bought a SCXD.

Here is my blonde SCXD:

[​IMG]

12. Selly501USA

Selly501USA New Member!

Jun 12, 2013
    Livingston MT
    Here you go. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014

13. bigmuff113

bigmuff113 Senior Stratmaster

Jan 22, 2012
    San Antonio
    That's beautiful. I'm thinking of collecting all the super champ models in all the colors, from the original SC to the SCX2s

14. davidKOS

davidKOS Retired Performer Strat-Talk Supporter

May 28, 2012
    California
    Voice 7 is the sort of Vox model, if I recall, and that does yield some cool tube-like distortion tones when the gain is in the 7-ish range, as does the voice 8 and several others, depending on your taste in tube types and amps.

I use some of the other voices often enough, including 11 and 12, but mostly the clean setting on the regular channel and 7 gain on channel 8 voice.

Just a reminder, here's the manual and page 7 has the voices list.

http://support.fender.com/manuals/guitar_amplifiers/Super_Champ_XD_manual.pdf

15. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    I recently discovered preset 1 with gain on ten. Its still very very clean but has a nice fulness to it. Then I use my bd2 for drive. Its set with a slight volume boost tone at eleven oclock and gain at one to three oclock.

Sounds fantastic at home but need to try it at gog volume.

By the way Im running a cannabis rex instead of the internal speaker. Cannabis rex lives up to the hype.

16. davidKOS

davidKOS Retired Performer Strat-Talk Supporter

May 28, 2012
    California
    My XD has an old 10" JBL in it, a speaker that now is in its 3rd amp! I've had it since the late 70's.

The stock speaker was fine, I bought it with that one and liked it, but the JBL is a bit more rich sounding.

17. Grounded

Grounded Senior Stratmaster

Jan 2, 2010
    Seattle, USA
    I have had the SC XD for over three years. The stock tubes burned out in about one year and I replaced them with JJ's which are still going strong. I gig all the time and when I need extra volume, the line out can go thru the PA just fine. The line out is a super feature for a little amp at this price!!
    This may sound outrageous to some but I have played it against my Buddies Super Reverb and his Plexi and IMHO, I like my SC the most.

SeaHawks!!!!!!!!

18. Viking inLA

Viking inLA Most Honored Senior Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Silverstrand beach.... I used to get vibed there so hard surfing....great surfspot though......

19. chicago slim

chicago slim Strat-Talker

Aug 23, 2010
    Bowling Green, KY
    I'm a former vintage Fender guy, and the SCXD is the only Fender that I still own. I currently own two of them, one blonde and one black. I don't understand the re-issue thing, where you spend 1K for an amp, and have to run the Bass at zero so that it doesn't fart out. Granted, I upgrade the tubes and speaker. But, I still have less than $350 invested in each amp. I do have better sounding amps, from other brands, but my SCXD's get used more than any of them. Once you compare sound, weight, size and total investment, the SCXD's are hard to beat.

20. str8lyne

str8lyne Strat-Talker

Nov 7, 2011
    Toronto
    I'm in the club! I love this amp and keep discovering new tones

Attached Files: