Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Fender Tex-Mex 50 Anniversay 1996 Made in México (MIM)

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by nachobijou, May 11, 2014.

1. nachobijou

nachobijou Strat-Talk Member

Mar 16, 2014
    Spain
    Hi, I write on this forum to try to identify this guitar.

After some internet searching I think it is a MIM Fender Tex-Mex 50th Anniversary manufactured between mid 1995 and 1996, serial number MN5 + five digits.

I see that the guitar has the same specs as you write here, I hope to be lucky, because I want to buy it and do not know what price could pay for it.

I'm from Spain and the prices of used guitars are more expensive here, the guitar is in very good condition.

In addition to the guitar, the seller included in the lot: the original white pickguard (the seller says the black pickguard is also genuine), an amplifier Fender Bullet PR-241 and Korg pedal Toneworks AX30g.

What would be a reasonable price?

These guitars were made only for two years until it began distributing the model Jimmie Vaughan, I have a question, were exported to Europe?

Thanks in advance, regards!!

Photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Made in Mexico MIM Tex-Mex 1996 50 Anniversary Serial Number MN5 + five digits

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. balston11

balston11 Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 8, 2013
    Preston UK
    The serial number places it at 1995/6. The Tex Mex was around in 1996 but had white pickups as did the Mexican Standard. I don't think there was a Mexican Strat with black pickups at that date. So something appears to be wrong. Others more expert than me may know otherwise.

3. nachobijou

nachobijou Strat-Talk Member

Mar 16, 2014
    Spain
    the seller changed the pickguard, buttons and pickups cover when bought the guitar. The seller delivers me the original parts.

Last edited: May 11, 2014

4. balston11

balston11 Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 8, 2013
    Preston UK
    Everything else about it looks okay.