Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

FGN Fujigen Neo Classic

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by NZdave, Mar 21, 2012.

1. NZdave

NZdave Strat-Talker

I came across this guitar, it is a Fujigen Neo Classic stratocaster with FGN on the headstock which is the name they use for export. I haven't seen or heard of these before. The owner thinks it was made in the mid 90's. I'm thinking of buying it or seeing if I can trade with my Squier Venus vista series.
    Does anyone know much about these gats? Tell me what you think.
    Cheers.

Attached Files:

2. essessH

essessH Strat-O-Master

Im no expert but think they only started using FGN on the headstock within last few years. I bought one last year and sold it recently to fund another purchase which was a mistake. FGN had the best neck I've ever played, should have just kept it and modded it.

If I come across a deal on one again and the stars align ill grab it.

3. Tele like it is

Tele like it is Left is right! Strat-Talk Supporter

They make a very good product. No question about that.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. sneakypete

sneakypete Senior Stratmaster

Don`t think thats one from the `90`s...I have catalogues from that decade and that logo isn`t in them...that logo came very recently...within the last 5/6 years maybe, I`d have to check...I see the brand in the local Shimamura shop. I own a couple of FGN`s...but they are from the early `00`s and they aren`t strats but different logo. I`d say the one in this thread is much later. The name isn`t only on exports either...where`d that come from?... I see them in this Japanese city. They do make some really nice guitars, their top ends are as good as anybody`s.

6. NZdave

NZdave Strat-Talker

This one is in New Zealand, the current owner said he bought it new on a trip to Japan in the 90's.
    Ho much do they go for brand new?

7. sneakypete

OK then.
    I only know this ... that logo is not in any of my 1990`s Fujigen catalogues...at that time they used the FC logo. The FGN logo only showed up in my catalogues in the `00`s and has changed over the years. Sorry but I just don`t fell like going through all my catalogues to find the precise year, I just have too many from lots of different Japanese builders.

8. sneakypete

Whats the serial number? On mine, the first two digits are the year, my oldest is 2001...and I have some from 2002 and later...none are strats.

9. sneakypete

10. NZdave

NZdave Strat-Talker

I asked the owner for the serial number and he still hasn't got back to me...

11. sneakypete

12. essessH

essessH Strat-O-Master

One thing odd is the gold plated hardware. Again not that I'm an expert but it doesn't seem like something FGN would offer standard.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  13. sneakypete

The headstock logo on the guitar that started this thread looks like the one seen on the OS-10TT models seen on the one page flyer I have from 2002 when they were introduced by the company...which came with the Timeless Timber maple neck...you might ask the seller if the guitar has that sticker on the back of the headstock too...all of mine do. I have a BATT-20TT from that series and it came with the custom shop certificate in the gig bag pocket which was standard for the guitars in that series...at least on the ones I have seen.

14. NZdave

NZdave Strat-Talker

I'm still waiting on the owner for more info, I hope he gets back to me soon otherwise ill start looking for a new guitar altogether.

15. sneakypete

Not in a hurry to sell it is he?