Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Finally: The New Neck of my Classic 70's Strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by sadmoodyfrazier, Nov 10, 2018.

1. sadmoodyfrazier

sadmoodyfrazier Strat-Talker

Sep 23, 2018
    Italy
    I've finally got the neck from Fender and you can see the result in the attached picture. Swapping from a C, 12" radius and med-jumbo frets to D, 7,25" and vintage frets is something wich made me insane. Now she is a new guitar. I've played the real thing and must say that the feeling is almost the same. Now I feel the "vintage thang". I love this guitar and Fender did a marvelous job helping me with their excellent customer service. I've placed just one string tree and made all the holes and nut by myself. She's resonating like a bell. Now I'm waiting for a new "bounded fretboard" Epi G400. We will see what's coming to me.

45590083_571816033248140_7654043870828691456_n.jpg

2. Robins

Robins Dr. von Loudster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 22, 2010
    Germany
    I just love those Classic 70 series. Great guitars and I bet Fender would have been happy having such quality control back in the days.
    I love both my Blackmore and my Antigua.
    Great you like it now and it finally gets more playing time.
    Congrats and enjoy! (again)

Life is good,
    Robin

Rastus and garyhoos1 like this.
  3. sonny wolf

sonny wolf Senior Stratmaster

Aug 7, 2009
    austin texas
    Looks great.Do you find the tone consistent with the previous neck?I am a firm believer in that each piece of wood has it's own resonance and tonal range.I have experimented in the past swapping necks and I sometimes noticed quite different tonal responses.Does it sound about the same or perhaps better now?

4. sadmoodyfrazier

sadmoodyfrazier Strat-Talker

Sep 23, 2018
    Italy
    I feel that this new neck gave much more resonance to the guitar. It's the first thing I've noticed. Could it be just a feeling of mine but the guitar seems sounding better. Anyway under my hands she feels just like a vintage 70's ones. I've played the original thing and it's almost the same. I love slim and short frets... so I felt in love with this guitar just when I've screwed this neck to the body. Everything is just perfect now.

sonny wolf likes this.