Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Finally

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by Ravenmore, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Ravenmore

Ravenmore Strat-O-Master

Oct 9, 2017
    Cedar Park
    Ok so since I've gotten back into playing the past few years I've been thinking of the first guitar I bought. When I was in high school in 1985 I saved up some money for a few months and purchased an Ibanez Roadstar II RS 440. I remember the model exactly because I repeated it verbatum to any one who asked, and also to quite a few people who didn't. :D I was proud of that guitar lol. Here's a pic of me with it taken in 1986. Try not to laugh too hard. :)

Michael prom.jpg

I have no idea what happened to it. I probably sold it at some point when my interest waned. However I've though about buying one again - just to scratch the nostalgic itch. I've actually been thinking about it for a couple of years. Then yesterday this shows up on FB Marketplace:

IMG_20180710_044924.jpg

I got it for $100 with a Marshall MG2FX amp, guitar stand, strap, and gig bag. It has been heavily modded, and is a bit banged up. It has some kind of Duncan humbucker in the bridge with a coil tap switch. The guy at the music shop I showed it to says the middle pickup looks like a Lollar. I'll have to open it up and see if I can tell. The most interesting thing though is someone did a scallop job on the neck. To me it looks very well done. Anyway, with the mods and the neck it looks like it REALLY got played at some point.

IMG_20180709_191125036.jpg
    IMG_20180709_191947627.jpg

IMG_20180710_045222.jpg

Anyway I'm going to try and clean it up a little, but I have to admit I spent an hour or so playing it with a grin on my face remembering a time back when I still had hair... :D

Gunny, Mansonienne, Keith268 and 6 others like this.
  2. felis

felis Senior Stratmaster

Nov 27, 2013
    Antwerp/Belgium
    Nice story, congrats (great photo). :cool::thumb:

Ravenmore likes this.
  3. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 17, 2017
    Lost
    Very cool, congrats and thanks for sharing.

Ravenmore likes this.
  4. ChukkerNation

ChukkerNation Senior Stratmaster

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    Very cool. I own a RG440 Roadstar Series. It's a very similar guitar but it has the RG style Ibanez headstock. Weird thing is that I have it listed on FB Marketplace and yesterday I had a guy message me about it. I was half expecting to see a picture of my guitar in the thread.

Ravenmore likes this.
  5. Ravenmore

Ravenmore Strat-O-Master

Oct 9, 2017
    Cedar Park
    I was restringing it so I decided to take the neck off and look at it. Looks like it is a RG140 model. I'm curious as to what the 'sample' stamp on the neck means.

Ibanez (2).jpg Ibanez2 (2).jpg

6. Ravenmore

Ravenmore Strat-O-Master

Oct 9, 2017
    Cedar Park
    Well I did some digging and found out something surprising. This is a RG142 which is the scalloped neck version of the RG140. Thing is they never officially went into production with the RG-142. This thing appears to be a Fujigen/Ibanez prototype, and probably is worth a pretty penny.

Gunny, Paperback Rocker and RobZ69 like this.
  7. ChukkerNation

ChukkerNation Senior Stratmaster

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    Wow. That’s really cool. You should work on getting some sort of confirmation of that. You might be able to go the jemsite forum and trade it for a Jem. I would definitely post over there as they may be able to fill in some gaps for you.

8. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Lewisville, TX
  9. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    I love it! Did you take that Ibanez to prom? ;) Can’t say I blame you, she’s gorgeous!

Ravenmore likes this.
  10. Ravenmore

Ravenmore Strat-O-Master

Oct 9, 2017
    Cedar Park
    Thanks all!

I sent an email to Ibanez USA about it. They asked for pics which I sent and haven't heard back from them yet. I took the guitar to a professional luthier for a clean up and set up. I do a lot of my own work on guitars unless its something valuable. He was curious too and said he would see what he could find out about it. Thanks for the forum tip - I'll post it up there as well.