Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

First Real Gig -- UPDATE

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by apm1991, Jan 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    Great point.

StratSounds, apm1991 and fezz parka like this.

2. apm1991

apm1991 Strat-O-Master

Feb 14, 2017
    Arizona
    I know they do.. I love rap, I listen to rap all the time.. There are great ones who put in work.. My good friend does shows here in Tucson and Phoenix as a rapper... My cousin is a rapper in Wisconsin.. They both put work into it though.. I'm not saying all rappers just want fame... For instance I met a guy the other day maybe 20, 21 years old.. He tells me he owns a record label.. I asked to hear his work, the quality was worse than a cell phone recording.. Then after further talking he tells me he lives at his moms and his studio is in a closet in his bedroom.... OK, this is an example of a guy who tells everyone he's this and that but doesn't put the work in.. Sorry if my wording made it sound disrespectful to artists of all kinds

3. apm1991

apm1991 Strat-O-Master

Feb 14, 2017
    Arizona
    for sure I agree... I'm typing fast whatever leaves my tips as I can... but for sure I won't put anyone down and I did not at all last night.. But either way you guys are right, I shouldn't have typed that

4. vid1900

vid1900 Senior Stratmaster

Nov 25, 2016
    USA
    As long as he's getting laid he's got a great story.

apm1991 likes this.

5. apm1991

apm1991 Strat-O-Master

Feb 14, 2017
    Arizona
    lol exactly.. he did have a girl with him lmao

6. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    I think its totally ok to think out loud on the internet. No harm done.

Ive been guilty of bad mouthing others in different situations, thats why I felt @fezz parka made such a good point. I should refrain from amatuer chicken sht attitudes myself.

apm1991 and fezz parka like this.

7. apm1991

apm1991 Strat-O-Master

Feb 14, 2017
    Arizona
    Thanks I appreciate it a lot actually... I don't want to come off like that at all... I try to only focus on myself but sometimes we humans have human traits of comparing to others etc.. something I actively try not to do and the older I get the much better I have gotten at that

amstratnut likes this.

8. shovelmike

shovelmike Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2013
    Missouri
    I'm glad your gig went so well. I am quite impressed that you have written so many originals. For me... having written two in fifty years of plunking around...my legacy is not that of a song writer. I guess it's Edison's formula..1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration.

apm1991 likes this.

9. fezz parka

fezz parka The Wiggler of Sticks Strat-Talk Supporter

I've met and played with lots of people who may have sucked. Some of them got me some good gigs when they had to cancel or some other thing came up. :)

amstratnut and apm1991 like this.

10. apm1991

apm1991 Strat-O-Master

Feb 14, 2017
    Arizona
    good point... thank you guys for putting me in check! I'm good at admitting fault and learning from mistakes... I do tend to get very defensive if I feel like i'm being attacked.. but I know you guys are just helping out.. That's why I come here... you guys have given me such great advice on many things

Bob the builder likes this.

11. fezz parka

fezz parka The Wiggler of Sticks Strat-Talk Supporter

Bottom line: Don't crap where you sleep. :)

amstratnut and apm1991 like this.

12. StratSounds

StratSounds Senior Stratmaster

Sep 10, 2016
    Salt Lake City
    Congrats on the first gig! Refraining from too much judgement is definitely a learned skill, especially if you have a good ear. Ask me how I know? Or so I'm told anyway.;) Sounds like you're on the right track though man, good on ya for sticking around and listening and applauding the solo headliner guy.

13. heltershelton

heltershelton ROCKIN FOREVER Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    ive found that it doesnt matter if you suck or not, but how much alcohol you sell. there is no way that band i had in atlanta would have kept getting gigs if our "people" didnt buy a lot of booze.

fezz parka likes this.