Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

florence is coming

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by mad axe man, Sep 10, 2018.

1. mad axe man

mad axe man Senior Stratmaster

Jul 23, 2016
    ontario canada
    damn...not looking good...anybody in the path? ...grab your strat and get out...NOW

ocean, Mansonienne and tery like this.
  2. 93studiolite

93studiolite Strat-Talker

Mar 15, 2017
    Alachua, Florida
    Both of my wife’s brothers are located in Western NC. They should be ok, but will have to watch out for flooding and land slides. I hope everyone on the coasts in the path of this thing will follow the mandatory evacuations. For those riding it out, stay safe.

mad axe man likes this.
  3. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    Evacuate early … don't screw around .

4. AncientAx

AncientAx Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 24, 2010
    Maryland
    Yeah , this one ain’t playin’ ....

ocean, tery and mad axe man like this.
  5. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    "Looks like I picked a bad week to give up smoking.". Just kidding. I don't smoke. But I did pick a bad month to move to Outter Banks.

s5tuart, Nadnitram, ocean and 5 others like this.
  6. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 24, 2015
    Va. Beach, Va
    I have friends in Wilmington and Shalotte. Not looking good for them .I'm in Va. Beach, three miles from the Atlantic, four from the Chesapeake Bay. For now it looks like we're on the northern fringe but you never know until it actually hits. I'm working on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel now. We have to get all our equipment off of there by Weds afternoon

Nadnitram likes this.
  7. Stratoman10

Aug 24, 2015
    Va. Beach, Va

Ouch. Where at ? I'm in VB Are you leaving or you going to try riding it out ?

8. mad axe man

mad axe man Senior Stratmaster

Jul 23, 2016
    ontario canada
    dont try to ride this one out...just GET OUT

tery likes this.
  9. Groovey

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    I travel for work. I left last Wednesday and won't be back for another week. Good news is the house is on stilts. That's where I left the LP.
    All projects and the Marshall are in storage. Crossing my fingers on the storage location.
    My vehicle is in Norfolk. Gotta cross my fingers there too. I see there are mandatory evacuations for Hampton Roads. Category 4 is nothing to fool with. If I were there, I'd head to Richmond.

10. AncientAx

Nov 24, 2010
    Maryland
    Our governor here in Md. had already declared a state of emergency here . Worried about flooding ..... the ground here is already saturated ...

BallisticSquid and Bodean like this.
  11. Stratoman10

Aug 24, 2015
    Va. Beach, Va

Luckily I'm on what counts for high ground in VB. Right by VBGH. I'm on the same power grid as the hospital so that's good news. My main concern is that I'm on the top floor of my condo building. As long as the roof holds I should be ok. I'm glad the big tree by my side of of the building was removed a few months ago. That one made me nervous. Good luck my friend

Groovey likes this.
  12. Stratoman10

Aug 24, 2015
    Va. Beach, Va

We probably got 2 inches of rain yesterday. On top of what we've had all summer. I think our big issue will be storm surge more than wind

13. AncientAx

Nov 24, 2010
    Maryland
    Ours will be rain especially if it stalls like they think .... I remember Agnes .... the flooding was terrible ...

Bodean likes this.
  14. The Strat Dude

The Strat Dude Ad space available Strat-Talk Supporter

15. The Strat Dude

The Strat Dude Ad space available Strat-Talk Supporter

Hold on ya'll, see ya on the other side

16. AncientAx

Nov 24, 2010
    Maryland
    Going to fire up the generator tomorrow and fill the gas cans ....

17. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    when i lived in oklahoma and a big tornado was comin, id just try to run after it and catch it on foot......pretty impossible. i never caught one.
    and when i lived in florida and a big hurricane was comin, i got dollar signs in my eyes, because i did water damages for a living.

18. Groovey

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    Back at ya, Big Guy! You'll be fine in the condo.

Hurricane party at Stratoman's!!

19. Stratoman10

Aug 24, 2015
    Va. Beach, Va

If the current track doesn't vary too much we should be ok. But yeah, if I gotta go I'm loading the guitars

simoncroft and mad axe man like this.
  20. Bowmap

Bowmap For vets that help keep us safe & free, Thank You! Gold Member

Dec 23, 2017
    NVL
    I remember Hugo. Lost power for about 7 days. Ground became so saturated that the tree in front of the house we lived in at the time fell over. It's roots could not hold it up anymore. That was the day I got a new skylight with some nice greenery in the house. Thank goodness the house we were renting had been made from block. The tree did move the wall at the top a couples inches. Now I live in a wood frame house with a 40 foot poplar in the front yard. Ground is saturated. House was designed for 85mph winds. I have thick woods all around but away from house as not to be a threat. The woods are a great wind break. River in back is up from the recent rain. I have to go get my generator out of my neighbors barn. The house he is finishing has no protection from the wind. When I get back tomorrow from Hampton it will be time to setup and get ready.

simoncroft and Bodean like this.