Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

florence is coming

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by mad axe man, Sep 10, 2018.

1. mad axe man

mad axe man Senior Stratmaster

Jul 23, 2016
    ontario canada
    very curious...why?

abnormaltoy likes this.

2. duzie

duzie Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 1, 2016
    northwest nj
    Would I stay or would I go ?
    I can’t say for sure , although if I did stay I would
    not want my wife to stay .
    After Sandy hit here in Jersey some areas that were evacuated became a target for looters .
    Another concern was that people who did evacuate were not allowed back to there homes for quite sometime after the storm had passed .
    Hoping the best for all of you who are going to be affected by this storm!

abnormaltoy and mad axe man like this.

3. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    Evacuation tends to be an unbudgeted expense . Gas , $100 a night lodging ? , price gouging , loss if income , eating out , etc. can be a financial hardship for many . Some may only have a half a tank of gas and 10 bucks to their name and have to charge hundreds of dollars on their credit card (if they even have one) .

4. mjark

mjark Senior Stratmaster

Jul 15, 2015
    Maryland
    We'll see. They're not usually as bad as the lead up. I hope that's the case again. I'm not expecting big problems here in MD although the tides have been way high lately. I saw someone paddle boarding down the middle of the road near my daughters last night.

abnormaltoy and Bodean like this.

5. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 24, 2015
    Va. Beach, Va

Last I saw it slowed down a bit, landfall Friday AM, and a bit farther south. Good for me here in VB but still not good for my friends in Wilmington NC

abnormaltoy likes this.

6. mjark

mjark Senior Stratmaster

Jul 15, 2015
    Maryland
    No, they get them on the nose fairly often.

abnormaltoy likes this.

7. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 17, 2017
    Lost
    Anybody here that is in possible danger because of Florence, please please please be safe....

abnormaltoy and Mansonienne like this.

8. Bowmap

Bowmap NVT Gold Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Virtually Everywhere
    @Stratoman10 is about 90 miles closer than I to the danger zone.
    Wilmington NC used to be part of my regular business trips. I love Wrightsville Beach. This storm has been making a bee line for them. My prayers are with them all.

abnormaltoy likes this.

9. Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday Weeee doggie Strat-Talk Supporter

you ever been in a cat 2 or 3?

abnormaltoy and AncientAx like this.

10. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 24, 2015
    Va. Beach, Va

Since I have Fios I have accu weather. They were at Wrightsville Beach. Nice place, I've been there a bunch .My friends have a time share condo there .Accu Weather really seems to want to hype this one up though.

abnormaltoy likes this.

11. ole lefty

ole lefty Strat-Talk Member

Mar 24, 2018
    north carolina
    if it hits at a cat 4 ,,, it ain't gonna be pretty... hopefully low tide and they are over estimating the storm surge too.. if not ,,,
    9 to 10 feet dunes aint gonna be enough to do much good it could be really bad...... praying for all down there and the responders.
    we were supposed to be on vacation at carolina beach this coming sunday ,,,,, oh well can't fight the weather.
    i remember andrew well ,,even up where we are it was bad,,,and i remember my mom telling me about hazel if 54,,,, she was at the beach when it was coming in and they left just in time and it was catastrophic ,,,,,, this one has the same trademarks.... and if it stalls on the coast ,,,flooding will be biblical.

terry m

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    abnormaltoy likes this.

12. mjark

mjark Senior Stratmaster

Jul 15, 2015
    Maryland
    I've lived on the East coast since 1963.

abnormaltoy likes this.

13. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Strat-O-Master

Oct 25, 2017
    Nawth Alabama
    We're very lucky to be on a high spot with the intracoastal waterway between us and the ocean (approx. 3 miles/4 km). I'm not worried about storm surge, it is the wind and debris damage that will be the big problem. Hurricane Matthew (2016) was a cat 2 and we had a couple of roof penetrations by falling tree limbs...nothing all that serious (we weren't there).

This thing is a monster. I'm heartsick. I fully expect to have bare foundations after this storm if it is a bulls-eye (the house is 5mi/8km south of the SC/NC border, about 50mi/80km South of Wilmington, NC).

There's nothing in any house that is worth staying, cost/expense to get out be damned. Plenty of emergency services, bus service, neighbors, friends, church buses, etc. All you gotta do is ask somebody.

I'm happy to be 500mi/800km away at the moment.

abnormaltoy likes this.

14. Nick-O

Nick-O Strat-Talker

Jun 20, 2014
    SC
    I only have one barrier island between the ocean and the house, and some marsh. We got 4' of water during Irma. We only just got the house fully repaired about 4 weeks ago. I lost so much stuff that I noticed this morning I don't have as much to load into the truck. No place to go though, so likely just park my vehicles on high ground and try and find someplace to hide, literally!

[​IMG]

I hung out until it got about this deep, then moved to higher ground....

[​IMG]

15. Tone Quest

Tone Quest Strat-O-Master

Sep 11, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    We got food, drinks, propane for the grill, gas in the cars, flashlights with fresh batteries. Been through this a couple of times. Loss of power is what we are most prepared for.

16. Barb

Barb Most Honored Senior Member

Jun 24, 2015
    South Carolina
    Not too worried near Greenville except for heavy rain could flood my front door. I’m sandbagging the best I can.

17. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    In Chattanooga , Tennessee the TVA dam gates are open to dump water before the heavy rain , motels are almost sold out , and the airport is filling up with relocated military jet fighters .

abnormaltoy and Barb like this.

18. mad axe man

mad axe man Senior Stratmaster

Jul 23, 2016
    ontario canada

19. vlxerdon

vlxerdon Strat-O-Master

Jan 31, 2013
    Coastal Georgia
    A bit south of Savannah here. Weather man still can't seem to decide if we will be hit or not. Looking like wind and rain mostly. Hope everyone that needed to evacuate has done it.

abnormaltoy and The Strat Dude like this.

20. s5tuart

s5tuart My Dad used to say.... Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK
    I hope all of you stay safe and aren't hurt too much if it crosses your path.

abnormaltoy and Barb like this.