Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Friedman Dirty Shirley pedal - another screaming demon?

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by Robins, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Raiders757

Raiders757 Senior Stratmaster

Sep 2, 2016
    Virginia
    Found one used already? Man, your lucky. I would jump right on a used one. If you don't mind, share your thoughts with us after you've broke it in.

I love the BE-OD, but I had to resort to using it on a smaller board tailored more towards Hard Rock and Metal. Even then, I had to dial the internal pot almost all the way down.

Mouse, usul1978 and Robins like this.

2. Mouse

Mouse The Knees of Rock Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    That's how I use it with my band which is just classic and other rock (not metal). Trim pot all the way down and rarely does the gain go above 25%. I can clean it up further with the guitar's volume. Really, really cool pedal. Of course for metal the thing screams!

Raiders757 likes this.

3. Robins

Robins Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 22, 2010
    Germany
    Ok, I promised I don´t post any new reviews but I lied xD
    Here is one that gives more input if you are thinking to get one or just want to know if you like it or not.
    It is again from that crazy German Henning but he used different amps to make the test if he can make it sound like the "real" thing, comparing it to a Dirty Shirley amp.
    I still like the BE-OD more but that´s just because I get those tones from the BE-OD as well.
    Still love the BE-OD.

All the best,
    Robin

Highway Star likes this.

4. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2015
    Mukilteo
    I'll bet the shirley could be stacked with another pedal, if you want over the top scream. Great pedal, from what I can tell. Anyone wanna buy a gently used Mad Professor one?

5. Highway Star

Highway Star Strat-Talk Member

I just purchased a Dirty Shirley and I think it sounds great. I mainly play thru a Two Rock Pro 100 and it has been a long time since I've heard distortion that good. I've played bluesy, jazzy stuff with it and pure rock. Works perfect. Soon I'll start to record some neo grunge/metal/whatever kind of music and hopefully it works in that context as well.

In short, it's a great pedal :D

Robins likes this.