Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

GC used online is killing me

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Lonn, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    Well now. The guitar was listed as Fiesta Red and it looks like that to me, but I just ran the serial number by a Fender rep and apparently it's an FSR in Rangoon Red made for GC and Europe. 500 each this color, Jetstream Blue and Apple Green. Not sure I've ever seen this color in person but I guess I will now.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018

2. lasrup

lasrup Strat-Talk Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Sheffield
    I was the same . I thought this was fiesta red . I bought it second- hand . Not a mark on it £449. Image1536682864.734025.jpg

DickBanks likes this.

3. Lonn

4. BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid Senior Stratmaster

Oct 12, 2016
    US

5. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Peardale CA

6. Morf2540

Morf2540 Strat-Talker

Nov 8, 2017
    Philadelphia, PA
    Yes, I have returned several items I bought used from GC, and they always took them back no prob.

7. StratLover66

StratLover66 Strat-Talk Member

Aug 7, 2015
    Boston
    I love GC Used. I pretty much use them all the time. Just scored a gorgeous Fender Classic 70s Strat in Olympic White with a hardshell case for $274.99. With tax and shipping, just a hair over $300. It's hard to score like that any other place other than Craigslist, but with GC you get a generous return policy.

Mech and DickBanks like this.

8. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Senior Stratmaster

Feb 11, 2010
    Valley o Sun
    Did they refund you the full price, or did they refund the sales portion minus the shipping? I too have purchased a few items from their used department....one of the guitars, just didn't do it for me, so I brought it back....they refunded everything minus about $20 for shipping. I figured that was fair.

Another time, the guitar arrived and was not in the condition that the ad stated. They gave me a 100% refund.

I have to admit that I love purchasing used guitars from GC, they treat me well.

DickBanks likes this.

9. LunarSlingShot

LunarSlingShot Strat-Talker

May 8, 2018
    Oklahoma
    holy cow!! $274??? You might as well have waltz in and stole it. That's a great price. Congrats

StratLover66 likes this.

10. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Lost Planet Airman Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    Love their used pedals. Just picked up a nice Route 66 for $70 today.

Bighump and Bob the builder like this.

11. Lonn

Admin Post
    As long as you know what you're looking at there are deals there. In the last 6 months I've bought at least a half dozen mismarked guitars from them to my benefit. This one was marked at $399 with no pictures.

StratLover66 likes this.

12. StratLover66

Aug 7, 2015
    Boston
    Thanks! Never dialed a phone so fast. lol It was listed as a Standard Strat in Artic White, but I could tell from the photo it was a Classic 70s in Olympic. Then it's just a matter of calling and confirming the photo is correct. It was on my doorstep the next day.

13. StratLover66

Aug 7, 2015
    Boston
    Exactly. I scored a 2006 Classic Player's Strat for $299. They had it listed as a Std Strat. The 70s I just scored was listed as a Std Strat. Capitalizing on their confusion can result in some really good deals.

Namelyguitar likes this.

14. Lonn

Admin Post
    :thumb: "Confusion" is being kind.

Electgumbo and StratLover66 like this.

15. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 3, 2009
    Mobile Bay
    Their blurry photos and incorrect model names are money in your pocket!
    :whistling:

16. lineboat

lineboat Strat-O-Master

Aug 5, 2013
    western ky
    Those are sweet guitars Lonn. Those are some of the best feeling necks I’ve ever played!

17. radd

radd Strat-O-Master

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa cruz
    I have purchased guitars used online from GC and each time I looked up the store that had the guitar and I called them directly. Each time the store sales person would go get the guitar in question and exam it for me and answer all my questions. One guitar I bought had a ding not noted in the ad but the sales person spotted it and described it perfectly. I purchased that guitar, and like the others experiences, I was pleased with the accurate sales persons descriptions of the guitars.

FuzzFace90 likes this.

18. FuzzFace90

FuzzFace90 Strat-Talker

I’ve never purchased anything big from GC online but if I do I would definitely call them before purchase. I’m glad you had a good experience buying your guitar. It’s the worst feeling ordering something online and being disappointed,

19. Neil.C

Neil.C Most Honored Senior Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Surrey, England

Those FSR's were £429 new over here.

Bought a '60's version myself.

20. radd

radd Strat-O-Master

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa cruz
    Yes, it is disappointing. I had that happen with a GC online purchase, but it was not GC fault. It turned out I did not like the guitar, there was not a thing wrong with it. With GC all you do with an online sale you don’t want is take it to your local GC for a full refund, no questions asked. I did just that. I would not hesitate to buy again from GC.

smithstrato and FuzzFace90 like this.