Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Gold Lace Sensor - A few Questions From a Noob

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by FuzzFace90, Aug 21, 2017.

1. FuzzFace90

FuzzFace90 Strat-Talk Member

Right on!

I have placed an order for the screws and they are on the way. Hopefully, after this little hiccup, I will have her all set up next week!

I will say I love how the Sensors sound with drive. They really cut through. The clean sound is going to take a little getting used to for me. It's different hearing something than playing with that sound, but after putting them in I instantly hear that late 80s Clapton tone I love! Will update soon.

SurfsUp and T Bone Slort like this.

2. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
    I've got the Fender Lace Golds in my Strat Plus and love them. The middle and bridge run through a TBX tone pot, which gives a great range of tonal options. No mid-boost needed to my ear with the TBX and I'd rather not be dealing with batteries anyway.

FuzzFace90 and T Bone Slort like this.

3. FuzzFace90

I installed a TBX with the lace sensors. Sounds good I like the extra treble in the middle and bridge pickup. I'm trying to turn my strat into a poor man's strat plus lol.

SurfsUp and T Bone Slort like this.

4. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    C-Town, Ontario
    Lace are my fav pickup's. I'm a huge Clapton nut, and that sound he had in the late 80's into the 90's to me, was awesome.

the 24 Night's live CD, well I wore that out lol....

I made myself a poor mans EC Strat, as I've since swapped out the N3's in my Deluxe with the Hot Gold's. Can't be happier.

FuzzFace90 likes this.

5. FuzzFace90

Hi everyone just wanted to update the thread; I have fixed the tone pot and switched out the mounting tubes and screws with the proper size. I have also adjusted the height to Lace specs. I love the way the middle and bridge positions sound. I will say I am a big neck pickup player and the neck does sound a little dull as others have said. I guess I can adjust EQ on the amp to compensate. They sound great otherwise, a little different from the standard single coil I will continue to tweak them and see if I can dial in a sweet spot. Thanks to everyone who's responded to this post, you guys have helped out a ton! Cheers!

SurfsUp likes this.

6. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    C-Town, Ontario
    Dull? No wayyyyyy I find it's one of the best with these pickups

FuzzFace90 likes this.

7. FuzzFace90

Dull was a bad word to use. :) It is a just a little less trebly than my last neck pickup.

8. FuzzFace90

So, I just set the heights to Lace specs and it sounds pretty good. I've just been playing through my Fender Mustang amp but the real test will be through my Mesa MK IV. Boy, that bridge pickup sits high, but now there is no volume disparity with the neck pickup.

IMG_2331.jpg

SurfsUp likes this.

9. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    C-Town, Ontario
    That's one good lookin' setup!

FuzzFace90 likes this.

10. heltershelton

heltershelton ROCKIN FOREVER Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida