Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Got a Looper!

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by SurfsUp, Nov 5, 2017.

1. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    C-Town, Ontario
    Wife surprised me with a new looper....came home with the Ditto Stereo Looper.

First time I've ever tried one, and man..........what have I been missing?

What an awesome practice tool. I can't ever see myself being a one man band and using it live, but with 5 minutes of loop time, I basically record any chord progression/song I feel and solo over top.

At 44 years old and been playing since I was what, 13, 14? It clearly is one of those items I shake my head at and ask myself why did it take this long to take advantage of something like this?

Highly recommended (not just as a looper ~ heck buy whatever model floats your boat) as a practice tool to anyone out there.

altar, Eddie H, Raiders757 and 8 others like this.

2. Anderonn

Anderonn Strat-Talker

Dec 22, 2016
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    I got the TC Ditto Looper myself. Great stuff for practice.

Congrats on the new toy. :)

3. usul1978

usul1978 Guitar bricolo Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 9, 2015
    France
    Cool ! I have a nux core looper on the way.

Anyone could recommend some good exercices ?

4. RaySachs

RaySachs Strat-Talker

Jun 25, 2017
    Philly area
    I’ve been playing for 40 years on and off but it was mostly off for the past 10-15 years until about a year ago when I got back into it and then about 6-8 months ago when I got waaaay back into it. I wasn’t aware of even the concept of a looper until about May or June. Got a really cheap little Ditto knockoff then, learned to use it, and pretty much fell in love with it. So much that I got another one within the last couple months which does a few more tricks, the most important of which is it lets you save up to 100 loops. I didn’t need 100, but I LOVE having 10-15 in rotation at any given time. When I get a rhythm idea, I work out a loop if it, maybe come up with some kind of crude bassline over it, save it, and then add it to the rotation of my own backing tracks to play to. If I find I’m not using one I’ll record over it, but I have probably 8-10 or so on there I like enough and play to enough that they get stuck in my head when I’m not playing... it even has a really rudimentary little drum machine in it which I’ve only used a couple of times, that that sure makes it easier to create seamless loops, which it took me a little while to get decent at...

They’re awesome little tools - if I’m feeling a rhythm I can really work on it and if I’m not, I have a pretty good backlog of my own backing tracks to jam to. Between that and actual backing tracks and tools like IReal where you can program your own backing tracks, change keys and tempos and stuff at will, or use those that others have uploaded, being a man-cave player has never been more fun. There’s still nothing like playing with other people, but I don’t get out much these days and during those periods of just playing solo, I can have more fun than I ever could before....

Enjoy!

SurfsUp, usul1978 and Eddie H like this.

5. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    C-Town, Ontario
    I'm mainly a man-cave player myself now too. But did have a few friends over Sat night for a jam. Even used it then. These things are awesome lol....Should have bought one years ago darn it.

RaySachs likes this.

6. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    C-Town, Ontario
    With 5 minutes of loop time, I record myself playing anything that comes to mind......3 chord stuff (Simple Man) to Little Wing (Derek & The Dominos version) to Eric Clapton's Old Love.......and then wail away my friend. Wail away.........

It's also a good tool to "hear" your guitars together. Record a loop using your Strat, solo over it with your Les Paul. Not to often I've been able to do that!

Davey77 and usul1978 like this.

7. Eddie H

Eddie H Strat-Talk Member

Nov 11, 2017
    New York, NY

I'm with Ray. Been playing on and off since 14 ... 33 years ago. I'm still a terrible player, but who cares? I'm a bedroom rock star. A buddy of mine introduced me to this a few months ago. I haven't picked it up yet. But with your endorsement, I think it'll make a nice holiday gift for myself.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

RaySachs likes this.

8. Davey77

Davey77 Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 29, 2014
    Monroe WA
    Congrats, they are a lot of fun!

I want to get one of the simple single stomp ones. I have the bigger DigiTech and it's really nice but I don't use it that much and often have to figure it out again.

9. Paully

Paully Strat-O-Master

Oct 16, 2014
    Maine, USA
    I've got the NU>X Loop Core.
    Great pedal.