Join Strat-Talk Today

Granddaughter Gets First Electric Early- Pics Attached!!

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Silvercrow, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Silvercrow

Silvercrow Senior Stratmaster

Hi Everybody!

SO AGAIN...BIG HEARTFELT THANKS to all who posted, PM'd, encouraged and helped my wife and I get our Granddaughter Brianna (Bri- pronounced "Bree") her first electric guitar. She's been at it hard for two years on acoustic and she is VERY excited about stepping into our addiction...er...world!

UPS delivered it directly to the house (it was supposed to go store-to-store) and Mom called me in a panic. Quickly deciding since she had just pulled up with the kids, and the guitar needed to be checked out right away, Bri was getting her present a little early! The AMP came too! Two big boxes.

Bri was FLOORED! Literally jumping around and saying she LOVED it and LOVES the color!

The guitar is in NEAR MINT condition- a small nick less than 1/16th inch on the lower portion of the headstock- VERY light scratches on the input jack plate. NO marks to speak of on the pickguard. No marks or cracks at the neck mounting area or the body!

We've not had the pickguard off- there was some conjecture that the pickups may not be stock- but I heard a short video clip playing through her new amp tonight and they sound GREAT- whatever they may be!

Bri says thanks to all of you too! Mom will ultimately decide if she can post here (as long as there are no rules against it!).

First- her wearing a T-shirt with the BEST guitar brand on it...followed by her with her new Strat!

BREE T.jpg
    BREE STRAT.jpg

In the sitting position she can reach all parts of the neck and as mentioned, she has been playing it (before Volleyball...LOL) tonight!

More pics to follow...maybe a video clip!

BTW- She told her Mom tonight "I'll keep this guitar forever!! But who will I leave it to when I die?!?"

I love this kid!

Brian

2. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Senior Stratmaster

Which model is it? I love the color. You're a good grandpa..

3. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Strat-O-Master

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing! I had a hard day, this was just what I needed to put things back in perspective. :cool::thumb::cool:

4. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

Wow.

Amazing. The gold and black look fantastic. She’s gonna do great things with that.

Best to you and the family

And happy birthday to Bree

5. arcticstrat

arcticstrat Senior Stratmaster

Woohoooo!!

Congrats little one, and Happy NGD!! :)

abnormaltoy and johnnymg like this.
  6. Funk McNasty

Funk McNasty Strat-O-Master

YYYYESSSSSSS!!!!!!

So good to see younger kids still loving guitar oriented music and gravitating toward the instrument. Hopefully she sticks with it, becomes a well known guitar hero, and several years from now we can all come on here and debate whether she uses true bypass pedals or not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier Freak Strat-Talk Supporter

Looks to me like a modified 2014 60th Anniversary Squier Classic Vibe in Aztec Gold.....

8. Silvercrow

1950s Classic Vibe- Anniversary model! I didn't know it was the 60th Anniversary model when I bought it!

LOL (literally)! I'm hoping she sticks with it too! Two years on acoustic- she grabs it whenever she has a spare moment, asks to go to concerts for presents, etc.

I got 'hooked' when I was 6 years old (didn't get a playable guitar until I was 14- had a Stella Acoustic you could drive a pickup under the action) and the love for the instrument never left me...hopefully she'll follow suit.

THANKS @Chont !

MY pleasure! Glad it brightened your day! It did mine, too!

9. Silvercrow

Yep! Hopefully only the pickups are modded. The guitar is in immaculate condition- good action on arrival. We'll see about intonation when her guitar teacher checks it over next week...!

abnormaltoy likes this.
  10. Antstrat

Antstrat Strat-Talker

Feel good thread of the week! Great job on being a good grandpa.

brians, jpmist, JayFreddy and 2 others like this.
  11. JB74

JB74 Strat-O-Master

Aztec or Shoreline Gold?

Kiddo's got a bomb right there. Looks happy too.

predicting pickguard off and first string change next week ;)

abnormaltoy and Silvercrow like this.
  12. radd

radd Strat-O-Master

Well done grandpa

I’m lucky enough to live with my two granddaughters. Can’t resist posting pics of mine.

Here is a shot of the 10 yr old performing, the blond with glasses and a trumpet.

498035BA-CDFE-4B1B-8A0E-C01C267E1EEE.jpeg

And the 5 yr old with her dad’s Squire, and a shot of the strat I got her for Christmas

FB437469-B673-4259-8F5D-A4DC2F7620AE.jpeg

3A257541-43BA-4CEC-8B0C-08962AF79965.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  13. johnnymg

johnnymg Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Hopefully only the covers were changed.

THANKS for posting all of these pics and the background story. What a lucky young lady to have such loving and giving people in her life. :thumb:

JayFreddy, abnormaltoy and Silvercrow like this.
  14. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Senior Stratmaster

I got my granddaughter a pink Squier mini as well. She is almost 5 and the guitar is almost as big as she is. I've got it set up with 8's and she can play her D, A, and E power chords. Needless to say that she will grow into it. She always wants to play with the amp loud and the distortion on.

radd, Groovey, GunMonkeyINTL and 3 others like this.
  15. Silvercrow

@johnnymg ; @Antstrat ; @3bolt79 - Thanks for the kind words, but I am the one who is fortunate to have a wonderful daughter and super grandkids! My wife and I are blessed to be able to do something nice like this for Bri- the other grandkids have special interests in their lives too and we are so encouraged to be able to help them pursue things that they enjoy and that enrich their lives!

I had it very rough growing up (many here did, I am sure!) and some of the things that happened stayed with me up to this day. What an honor to be able to do something NICE for a young person!

Brian

16. Silvercrow

@radd - Thanks for sharing that! Great looking kids! You've got a blues or jazz ensemble started there; horn section and guitar!

Brian

17. Ferpie

Ferpie Strat-Talker

Wait is there other options?

abnormaltoy, 3bolt79 and Silvercrow like this.
  18. Silvercrow

OUR type of granddaughter!:thumb:

It strikes me, just how many of our kids, grandkids, friends and others are influenced by the things we do! And music / playing an instrument is a "life" gift- helping to develop a young persons brain and appreciation of the arts...building confidence...

And the future lightening of bank accounts world-wide!:p

Brian

19. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Don't know how I missed this but what a beautiful story in every way. She looks so proud and happy with the gift and we can tell you are just as pleased. Great stuff, great great stuff. :)

20. Yves

Yves Most Honored Senior Member

That beaming smile is beautiful!
    What a lucky kid.
    Got my first "Strat like electric" when around 16. A "Morris".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.