Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Great Things Cats Do

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Monkeyboy, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

May 23, 2015
    Ghost Dog Heart
    Rascal (aka "fat wanker" ) comes in and does the usual shuffling around in the 36" x 24" box, and
    wanders back into the house part of the house. Soon I notice the familiar odor, and think the normal thing, but it doesn't go away. I keep doing what I'm doing and it just gets worse and worse, so I know he's gone and left one. Sure enough, I get up and go over to look, and there's about 8" x 3/4" of it
    laid neatly on top of the litter . He'll probably go scarf and barf now and leave some big ol' pile on the rug ,
    to compliment the pile in here. I love cats :thumb:

nuculer terrist, xland and alainvey like this.

2. alainvey

alainvey Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2015
    London, UK
    My boy thinks the litter tray is for special occasions.

xland and Monkeyboy like this.

3. henderman

henderman Most Honored Senior Member

Dec 4, 2013
    largo,fl
    Cats used to be worshiped and can take something 6 times it's size in a fight, I give them plenty of room since they know that also.

nuculer terrist, circles and alainvey like this.

4. craigh

craigh Strat-Talker

Nov 20, 2016
    US
    Cat stands for claws & teeth.

5. Monkeyboy

May 23, 2015
    Ghost Dog Heart
    They are basically fecal and urinary terrorists .
    We had four neutered males at our last place, and they had scent marking wars. We
    had them take a dye that showed up under black light, and when we looked , almost
    every vertical surface, inside and outside , was lit up with splashes. Things got better
    when I opened up the workshop and attic space , as a lack of territory large enough
    for four was part of the problem. They were allowed outdoors in the backyard, but
    not onto the streets .

6. Rogue Bohemian

Rogue Bohemian what? WHAT????? Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 4, 2010
    Bacliff by Galveston bay
    One pelt on the wall, and the others fall into line.

Damn, I crack me up.

7. Monkeyboy

May 23, 2015
    Ghost Dog Heart
    [​IMG]

StillAlive&Well and Bodean like this.

8. otto6457

otto6457 Strat-O-Master

I guess my ex wife has told her cat some terrible things about me. That cat try's to bite me every time it sees me. It will walk up to me looking all sweet and purring. Usually it will take a few passes by me, then out of the blue.....it will turn around and try to bite me. Even knowing the thing is going to try and bite me, it still manages to get me every now and then. Apparently, I am the only person in the world to ever be bitten by that cat.

She must tell that cat some awful things about me.........

circles likes this.

9. xland

xland Senior Stratmaster

Oct 5, 2014
    Illinois
    One of our cats is 17 years old now. She's become very vocal over the last year, she just won't shut up. She's become very lippy.

She has gotten into this bad habit of coming into the bedroom and rather than just jump on the bed she will just look over the edge of the bed on my side and just ***** and moan relentlessly until I wake up and help her onto the bed. Once I get her on the bed she jumps back off and 15 minutes later we start the same cycle over. *sigh* o_O

But, we love her. She's been with us a long time and she's still very loving. But she's just become a cranky, bossy old lady.

circles likes this.

10. Monkeyboy

May 23, 2015
    Ghost Dog Heart
    I read that sometimes old cats get dementia and do that kind of thing.

11. Monkeyboy

May 23, 2015
    Ghost Dog Heart
    We've had 3 that do a similar thing, and it might be love bites, seriously. Some cats do that . One of
    our Singapuras will be all ruby and cuddly, and make sudden , snapping lunges, so we have to always watch
    out. Not pissy or grumpy, just freaky. That's not even the freakiest thing he does :eek:

12. StillAlive&Well

StillAlive&Well Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 4, 2014
    Frog, Texas
    He left you a love offering, how sweet.

Monkeyboy likes this.

13. circles

circles Senior Stratmaster

I have no particularly interesting cat stories, they have be amazing since day one. I was worried a bit about scratching, weird behaviors, etc. but they've only been very sweet critters.

111.jpg

nuculer terrist and Monkeyboy like this.

14. hornpiper

hornpiper Senior Stratmaster

Apr 23, 2014
    Portland, OR
    I've always really liked cats, and dogs too. Cats are really great "keyboard players" when they're happy and feeling affectionate. If you're around cats you'll get it..

15. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    Winston waits until I'm done cleaning his box. As soon I'm done washing my hands, he's right back in it to "rechristen" it.
    I just shrug and go about my business. Once per day is all you get, bud...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    nuculer terrist and Monkeyboy like this.

16. Deckard

Deckard Strat-O-Master

Jan 10, 2015
    Ontario Canada
    1502576125078.jpg

Mine doesn't do poop everywhere thing. Only in the box. But does ambush me from the knee down every time I go to the grill out back.

Monkeyboy and circles like this.