Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Had a full band last night

Discussion in 'Bands on the Run' started by StratSounds, Jun 4, 2018.

1. StratSounds

StratSounds Senior Stratmaster

Sep 10, 2016
    Rocky Mountain Way
    A bass player and drummer/percussionist joined myself and my primary guitar partner for our session last night. The drummer has played with us a number of times, but it was a rare treat to have a good bass player sit in. I had never met him before, nice guy and a pretty intuitive player who did well jumping in on songs he didn't really know. I immediately noticed his vintage sunburst P bass, which he said he'd had since the 70's. Instant street cred right there in my book!

Anyway, we had a great time together and got into some sweet jams, whole lotta fun, the bass really added another dimension. Hopefully he'll be coming around some more. The only slight bummer of the night was when our drummer abruptly announced that he needed to go, when we'd really just gotten warmed up and the rest of us were good to go for at least another hour. He didn't even have to work in the morning! To add insult to injury, he had arrived first and parked his rig at the end of my guitar partner's lengthy one-car-wide driveway, closest to the house, so myself and the bass player had to back our vehicles out of the long narrow driveway so he could leave early. We played several more after he left, but drums in the mix would've been nice. Friggin' drummers!

circles, shovelmike and Groovey like this.
  2. shovelmike

shovelmike Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2013
    Missouri
    That sounds like a good time.

StratSounds likes this.
  3. GuitarPix

GuitarPix Senior Stratmaster

Oct 21, 2013
    Calgary
    Love when that happens