Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Hank Marvin Signature Strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Dr Feelgood, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Dr Feelgood

Dr Feelgood New Member!

Have just been working on a Hank Marvin Signature Strat. It is a US guitar with a custom shop sticker on the back of the headstock. The guitar looks like it has never been played. It is an early serial number 007 (think they might have built about 150?) and dated 1992 on the neck. Standard 5 way switch and lower tone control is a push/pull for neck and bridge pickup together.
    Does anyone know the answer to the following - is the bridge pickup supposed to be not wired to a tone control. Also the middle pickup tone control is different in that with the tone on zero it is like a pickup not wired to a tone control at all and if you put it to max tone it smooths out quite a bit of treble. Neck pickup tone control works conventionally.
    The wiring has not been altered since it came from Fender so any information or a wiring diagram gratefully received just so I can confirm it is supposed to be like this as the owner thought they were supposed to be wired to have a master tone control.

2. orcslayer

orcslayer Senior Stratmaster

Don't know about the Fender specs, but one expert on Hank Marvin's preferences is Chris Kinman, who makes Kinman noiseless pickups. He makes a "Hank Marvin" noiseless set which he developed working with Hank (I believe). Check his website (Kinman Pickups). He will answer emails promptly & is quite helpful (I bought two sets of pups from him & one is a Hank Marvin set (#CVHMS).

3. Blackmore Fan

Blackmore Fan Senior Stratmaster

Fender's customer relations department has been very helpful the couple of times I've emailed them. Maybe they'd offer you the wiring diagram, particularly if you provided them the serial number?

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting