Join Strat-Talk Today

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Believer7713, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Believer7713

Believer7713 Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

I know! I know!

Normally I am with most others in singing M-O-N-D-A-Y-S S-U-C-K (sung to the tune of the Mickey Mouse March)....BUT the Kansas City Chiefs won their first Playoff game since the nineties and that puts me in a good mood this week especially since I go to be there for the game. For anyone that isn't from KC if you get a chance to go to a game at Arrowhead Stadium I would highly recommend it as it is one massive party! The parking lots officially open 5 hours before kickoff but they start allowing people in almost 6 hours before to set up for the tailgate parties and it never fails that there is a line to get into the parking lots at least three hours before they open. It doesn't matter what the weather is people here will party before the game whether in RV's or heated tents (like we had)[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then while in the game the Chiefs dominated the game on both sides of the ball which really was kind of surprising since the Achilles heel of the team has been the defense. But they brought it this game. Hopefully they can do the same next weekend.
    Also the stadium is officially the loudest in the league reaching the sound levels of a 747 engine on take off...Over 142 Db.
    Something else that made this game really cool was that I got to meet up with this guy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    @Lonn drove over 10 hours of two days though the Snowpocalypse from Indy to see his home town Chiefs beat his resident town Colts. So I wanted to make sure they got to enjoy a couple brats before going into the game. Turned out that their tickets were in the section next to ours and about 14 rows behind us. Game was great, company was too. @Lonn I hope you guys felt welcomed back to your hometown!

Bodean, Keith268, CigBurn and 5 others like this.
  2. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Go Chiefs !

abnormaltoy and Believer7713 like this.
  3. circles

circles Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

'Cool' pictures!

abnormaltoy and tery like this.
  4. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Man, you guys are dedicated...Brrrrr!!!
    Hoping for a Chiefs vs Rams superbowl since my Chargers decided to pick yesterday of all days to not show up :(

5. Believer7713

I don't know how long you've been a dedicated Chargers fan but you might be interested to know that one of my very best friends and next door neighbor used to be a defensive end for the Chargers back in the 80s...until he had a hit put on him and someone took his knee out. His name is Jimm James and his son Alec signed with Arizona this season but didn't see any game time this year.
    Now Jimm is a firefighter (hazmat squad) here in KC.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Bodean, abnormaltoy and sam_in_cali like this.
  6. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Ad you had fun!

Believer7713 likes this.
  7. Believer7713

Yes we did. It was a great time... even in 8 inches of snow that ther forecasters completely missed on. Everytime they said it was moving out it seemed to snow more and it only stopped for about 30 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Bodean likes this.
  8. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

- :) -
    [​IMG]

Believer7713 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.