Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Heavy Metal Memories...

Discussion in 'MyMusic Forum' started by mshivy, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Robins

Robins Dr. von Loudster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 22, 2010
    Germany
    Our Tasmanian Devil \m/

Life is good,
    Robin

Rastus likes this.

2. stevierayfan91

stevierayfan91 Dog WhispereR Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 20, 2011
    Private.
    Thank you @Rastus - buddy. For book s suggestions and building exercises.

Am slowly working on sight-reading so my playing will improve and can improvise more competently.across genres

Rastus likes this.

3. pazman6

pazman6 Strat-O-Master

I haven't done squat musically over the past year+ but I have been working on getting my studio back up and running. Completed the live mixer with 24 tracks in and out of the computer to a 32x8x2 mixer. Basically using the computer/hard drive like a tape machinewith the benefit of being able to group tracks like background vocals into a single stereo pair back to the mixer. Having a blast. I pulled up a song I did in a day about 10 year or so ago.

Talkin' Bout Girls
    This song is one I did in a dayas part of a very demented discussion board contest. Some guy wrote these ridiculous lyrics (PG-13 to R) and the goal was to have a complete song within a day. Here is my version. It was originally mixed in the box, but I decided to pipe the tracks back to mixers and go old school. More of a Pop-Metal vibe than true Heavy Metal. But it is original music......enjoy and laugh.

StudioUpstairs.jpg

Percy, sam_in_cali, Rastus and 2 others like this.

4. TheDuck

TheDuck Most Honored Senior Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    Were you abducted by aliens?

Damn that track reeks of early 80s MTV ;)

pazman6 likes this.

5. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    @Rastus , cool tune, very relaxing in a way. I bet a driving bass/drum beat behind some of those guitar parts is all that is needed to push it into heavy metal territory.

@pazman6 , straight outta the 80's! \m/

Rastus and pazman6 like this.

6. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day

7. sam_in_cali

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    Hell yea...I can see myself doing that someday! :D
    [​IMG]

Robins, Rastus, CigBurn and 1 other person like this.

8. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day
    @sam_in_cali - You may even get a seniors ticket discount if you bust out those Dokken riffs you mentioned in the other thread. :)

Rastus and sam_in_cali like this.

9. Rastus

Rastus Senior Stratmaster

Jan 1, 2014
    Australia
    sam_in_cali likes this.

10. sam_in_cali

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA

11. Rastus

Jan 1, 2014
    Australia

Yo,

Here you go folks ! The amended tune from 7/8 into 4/4 lol !...(Talk-about frying your brain redoing all the parts after recording it in 7/8 lol) !...Another space themed Rastus work-out lol !

It turned out fine, & still quite up-beat, so I hope it encourages a rocking week-end for y'all !

Cheers, & enjoy,

Rastus

pazman6, TheDuck, sam_in_cali and 2 others like this.

12. Strats4me

Strats4me Senior Stratmaster

Feb 17, 2014
    Panama City-Lynn haven FL
    For all us old metalheads.....

13. Strats4me

Feb 17, 2014
    What do u guys think of this New Zealand band?

Rastus and sam_in_cali like this.

14. sam_in_cali

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    Good stuff @Strats4me , first I heard of them but I like it! Will have to check them out further..

Strats4me and Rastus like this.

15. Rastus

Jan 1, 2014
    Australia
    Yo,

Not really my thing, I tend to call it Death Metal, & I think I'm just getting too old for my ears to embrace such a sonic onslaught lol....

This said, the genre is HUGELY popular down this way, so it really does have that goin' for it, have no doubts ! And will survive well & good without my opinions either LOL !

Life is good \m/,

Rastus

Strats4me likes this.

16. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Great feel i loved it:thumb:

17. Jimi Lightning

Jimi Lightning Senior Stratmaster

Dec 21, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    I Would give this 365 likes one for every day of the year as old schol metal is what gets me through day to day. Awesome video.

Check this out. Its one of my favourite Hair bands albeit this was from later on and is a bit rappy but kool . If you dont know them then check out their catalouge. Their big song was the ballad " I hate kissing you goodbye". My favourite was " Goid guys were black" and " Tied to the bells" great band!

sam_in_cali and Strats4me like this.

18. Jimi Lightning

Jimi Lightning Senior Stratmaster

Dec 21, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    @Strats4me ....cant say I liked the Devilskin post. The guitar yes absolutely,the vocals started and I shut it off. I just cant get into the growl death vocal style. As a dyed in the wool hair band 80s metal ( some 90's and later) style fan I like the driving guitar with clear vocals( a la primal fear....etc.) for post and mosdern metal.

I find it interesting that there are camps that like either side or both. Shows musical diversity and to each there own as everyone is entitled to there own tastes. In my defence...lol I have tried to undestand BLack/ Death growl music. I indulged in countless videos and have a list of some to pick up but so far for me it is like EC, I just dont get it...

Strats4me likes this.

19. Strats4me

Feb 17, 2014
    definitely remember Tuff!...nice to see Roxx Gang make an appearance in the vid..

as for Devilskin, u need to check out the 2nd and 3rd video....she does not do the growl thing much at all...that one song is the most...very little in any other songs...she is a sweetie and can sing!...I really dig the melodic nature of the stuff....

20. sam_in_cali

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    It is an acquired taste for sure. The thing with death growls is you have to stop looking at them as vocals in the traditional sense and listen to them more like a percussive instrument. Opeth is a good gateway band (well, up to their Watershed album anyway) to dip your toes into extreme music with both death and clean vocals plus superb musicianship rather than 100% non-stop blastbeats and downtuned riffs.