Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Hello all from Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CephasG, Dec 30, 2017.

1. CephasG

CephasG Strat-O-Master

Dec 13, 2017
    Land of Lincoln
    Just a quick word of introduction.
    I've been lurking for a while and really like the place, so I thought, hey, time to write something.
    I fell in love with strats back in the late 70's early 80's when I watched/listened to Ritchie Blackmore and Deep Purple.
    Fast forward 40 years into the future and I am still fascinated by strats and playing hard rock, jazz and what not. I guess some things never change.

Barb, T Bone Slort, tery and 2 others like this.

2. xland

xland Senior Stratmaster

Oct 5, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Welcome to ST!!! I was born in Chicago and grew up in the NW suburbs. It's always nice to have another Chicagoanish person on board. :thumb:

Oh, and don't be shy about posting pics of your guitars. :whistling:

CephasG likes this.

3. CephasG

CephasG Strat-O-Master

Dec 13, 2017
    Land of Lincoln
    Hi xland, I am in the NW burbs as well!!! Great to hear from a fellow strat player in the land of Lincoln :) The strat in my avatar is my MIM 60th anniversary in blizzard pearl (sold it some time ago). My main one is a vintage white American Standard. Will post some pictures when I can.

xland likes this.

4. banjaxed

banjaxed Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Mar 14, 2014
    Liverpool UK
    Hi and welcome to ST.

CephasG likes this.

5. nungesser

nungesser running with the moonshine dogs Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2014
    Ireland
    welcome aboard!

CephasG likes this.

6. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 24, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Welcome !

CephasG likes this.

7. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    Welcome to Strat-Talk :)

CephasG likes this.

8. RB522

RB522 Strat-Talker

Nov 23, 2017
    Wisconsin
    Welcome! I'm over the border in Wisconsin.

CephasG likes this.

9. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Senior Stratmaster

Feb 11, 2010
    Valley o Sun
    Welcome aboard from another ex Illini....grew up by Wrigley Field but spent most of my life in Dupage County...

When I saw the high temp for tomorrow will be 2 degrees back there...brrrr.....I'm sooooo very happy that I'm in the desert as our temps tomorrow will be about 73 degrees warmer.....don't miss the winter's one little bit...

CephasG likes this.

10. CephasG

CephasG Strat-O-Master

Dec 13, 2017
    Land of Lincoln
    Thanks for the welcome all!

Same thoughts about the weather: I was shoveling my driveway yesterday, the skin on my face felt like plastic from the windchill, and I was thinking, why am I still here?

On another note, because of the drop of humidity in the house, my strat badly needs a neck adjustment :)

crawdaddy likes this.

11. ryunker

ryunker Senior Stratmaster

Feb 18, 2014
    Crystal Lake, Il

Welcome, I am west of the city. This is a great place to hang out.

CephasG likes this.

12. hornrocker

hornrocker Strat-Talker

Jan 2, 2017
    Illinois
    Welcome from Chicago's SW Burbs, enjoy the place!

CephasG likes this.

13. Tone Quest

Tone Quest Strat-O-Master

Sep 11, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Welcome to the forums. Always room for another Stratocaster player.

CephasG likes this.

14. Barb

Barb Most Honored Senior Member

Jun 24, 2015
    South Carolina
    Welcome!

CephasG likes this.

15. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    Welcome. I’m in Indy but am frequently in Chicago.

CephasG likes this.

16. Flicksie

Flicksie New Member!

Jan 2, 2018
    Bath UK.
    Hi, happy new new year, yes a great quote there, I burned a few in my time before crossing them it is not wise at all. Anyway I am Flicksie from the UK a genteel little city named Bath. You would not believe this place hosted many of the worlds most famous rock stars, like Jimmy Hendrix, Beatles, Stones Pink Floyd, led Zepplin, Them, Kinks, I could go on, they all played live gigs here on the Sports ground or in no more than a large shed called the Pavillion, basically a wooden overgrown hut but when Jimmy Hendrix played there it nearly took the roof off and as for Fleetwood Mac they played in the open air about 2in the morning blasting the city...... ah yes those were really the days. Any way a year or so ago I bought a road used Fender Strat I think it’s a 95 or 96 candy apple red some wear but not a lot. It has Duncan Seymore pick ups a twin on the bridge end, I was reading the forum and some one said put a double on the neck end for a better growl . It is hanging on my wall doing nothing so I must get it down and set it to tune and start practising how to play the thing he Said ???. Yes I cannot play and I and pushing 70, are there any hopes for me at all? I am really up for it should I have a few lessons? all tips Good or bad welcome thanks for reading please reply if you have the time. Flicksie

CephasG likes this.

17. kennesawbob

kennesawbob Strat-Talker

Apr 21, 2010
    Kennesaw, GA
    Welcome. Born and raised near Belmont & Central. Moved to Georgia in ‘95. I get up to Chicago once a year to watch my Cubs and to visit The Chicago Music Exchange. When you walk in, look to the right. An entire wall of Fenders. Heaven On Earth!

CephasG likes this.