Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Hello and query 2006 HSS USA Strat

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Casluc, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Casluc

Casluc New Member!

Nov 11, 2017
    Southsea, Uk
    Greetings from from UK!. I'm about to acquire a 2006 HSS USA strat by means of a straight trade - no cash involved - with peerless arch top. It all looks good and (serial number, spec) and a fair deal. The only thing that I'm not sure on is that the 4 bolt neck plate lacks the fender embossment, should it have this, or been changed? I'm meeting with the person for the tradesman this time tomorrow so can check it then

Many thanks for help with this.

Cas.

Attached Files:

2. banjaxed

banjaxed Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Liverpool UK
    Hi and welcome to ST. I think you will need to show more pics to be certain.

3. TheDuck

TheDuck Most Honored Senior Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    Welcome to S-T @Casluc
    Based on those pics ....

The bridge saddles are incorrect. They should be "big block" saddles with a two point bridge.
    Serial is correct for the year, and yes, the neck plate should say Fender. Also, the hole for the Micro-Tilt is not there.
    The opening slot in the back plate seems off.

I dont know for sure what it is, but its not a 2006 USA Standard HSS Strat.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    ocean likes this.

4. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    @TheDuck Except that it's a Highway One, so none of those features apply.

@Casluc That is a completely legit U.S. made Highway One Strat, but keep in mind that is the lowest priced U.S model. Worth about $500 - $600 U.S.

Bluestrat83, Eddie H and TheDuck like this.

5. TheDuck

TheDuck Most Honored Senior Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    Good eye @Ebidis
    I dont know why I thought the OP was asking if it was a Standard.

Apologies, I need more coffee :confused:

Ebidis likes this.

6. Casluc

Casluc New Member!

Nov 11, 2017
    Southsea, Uk
    Ty for your replies!. Glad I read them together, heart sunk then relieved. I was aware it would be be at the lower end of US range, but I was worried it was not genuine (or just the neck as said). ) so the exchange is still a fair deal it seems ' (even the lower spec US line are very costly here) , though more borderline than I originally thought, and still nervous about letting a good guitar go.

But I will have a Fender Stratocaster for first time ☺(I had s couple of electromatic Gretchs before the archtop, after many years of not playing electric guitar at all)

TheDuck likes this.

7. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    The Highway One is a nice guitar, and has a very loyal following. One of the things people like about them is that they have a thin nitro finish.

I have a partscaster with an '06 Highway One neck, and it's really nice.

Textele and Eddie H like this.

8. Eddie H

Eddie H Strat-Talk Member

Nov 11, 2017
    New York, NY
    Highway 1 is still a very nice guitar. I'd consider one if I could find a reasonable one.

I'd love a USA built Fender. :)

Textele likes this.

9. Casluc

Casluc New Member!

Nov 11, 2017
    Southsea, Uk
    Hello again. I did the swap. Agonised for about a week I had made a mistake (the peerless was a beautiful thing) . The strat few more nicks than I thought from the pics, but,not too bad and I wasn't sure about the colour but this has grown on me, , No trem arm, but I had one about (is it worth chasing the seller for the original?). The hard case it came with is stupidly large so need to get rid of that at some point.

Then I did some recording , and it sounds and plays great.so versatile and I cant help but to keep pickng it t it up. I I just record at home for fun into a Boss portastudo using the featured modelling amps and a vox valvetronix then post online, . I've really been able to explore a lot of sounds and tones not viable (particularly on high gain) on the previous guitar and its taken me in a new direction songwriting wise.

Neighbours happier too the archtop was loud even unplugged and I would get knocking n the wall sometimes if playing later at night - I would stop, we had an unspoken agreement , but no need now.

Attached Files: