Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Help! Having setup problems (I think...)

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Mansonienne, Sep 9, 2018.

1. maqcatt

maqcatt Strat-O-Master

Sep 25, 2008
    silverdale wa
    It's about both.
    You can adjust the bridge plate height either way. Adding springs however will also affect the tension and feel of the vibrato though.

S Mac

2. Jimistone

Jimistone Strat-Talk Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Mississippi
    Tighten the claw. You never want zero tension on the trem springs.
    That is why I have rock solid tuning stability on my strats...I set the trem 5 springs be tight with zero trem arm movement. I set my trem where I can pull up on the trem bar and make a note go sharp as well as diving the bar makes them go flat.

When playing live, if you dive a note during a solo, if you pull a note sharp with equal trem bar pressure the guitar will pretty much stay in tune.
    With 5 springs set tight you won't have the open ringing strings going flat on bends.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Mansonienne likes this.
  3. maqcatt

maqcatt Strat-O-Master

Sep 25, 2008
    silverdale wa
    I know all about setting up the trem. I've been using Strats on stage for 37 years.
    If I set mine up for my prefered 1/8" off the body with 5 springs , the springs go slack when I pull up.
    These are older springs., With weaker ones like the black ones or some newer ones that probably wouldn't happen.
    So either 5 weaker springs or 4 stiff ones; no difference really. Works either way.

S Mac

Mansonienne and Thrup'ny Bit like this.
  4. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    Next time I say I’m thinking of doing a setup on a guitar, please talk me out if it.
    Ugh.

5. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Never give up.

Mansonienne and johnnymg like this.