Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Help with broken Wah Wah Pedal!!!

Discussion in 'DIY Effects Forum' started by little_wing142, Dec 17, 2017.

1. little_wing142

little_wing142 Senior Stratmaster

Jan 24, 2010
    Piscataway, NJ
    Hi everyone,

I need help with my Vox was pedal. I plugged it in today and had no sound when I engaged it. There was sound in the "off" bypass mode, but once I clicked it on there was absolutely no sound. I tried brand new batteries and still the same result. I am also sure I'm plugging the guitar in properly. Any help would be appreciated!

thanks in advance!

2. vid1900

vid1900 Senior Stratmaster

Nov 25, 2016
    USA
    Can you post a pic of both sides of the circuit board?

Make sure it's well lit, and in focus....

3. little_wing142

little_wing142 Senior Stratmaster

Jan 24, 2010
    Piscataway, NJ
    Ok I'll try to take a pic later today.

So it seems that it works with a power supply , but not with a battery. Any ideas?

4. robotguitar

robotguitar Senior Stratmaster

Oct 5, 2009
    california
    I don't know, I do know that the switches you step on to engage the wah where out. If that's it, there not too expensive to replace. Oh, battery problem. My extent is to check for obvious loose wires and the actual battery contact connection.

Electgumbo likes this.

5. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    Did you get this figured out? If not three pictures would help. Show us pictures of the switch and the circuit board. It sounds to me like it may be a true bypass unit and that's why it works when the sound is off. If it works plugged in then I would be checking to see if the battery wires are still attached to the circuit board or make sure that three battery clip is contacting the battery on both poles properly. Ours s good place to start.