Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Help with U2 song

Discussion in 'Other Guitar Discussion' started by Antman, May 14, 2018.

1. Antman

Antman Strat-Talker

Dec 29, 2013
    London
    Hi

Anyone know what's being played around 0.42 mark? I'd appreciate any tab. I've got the main riff down but struggling to get that quiet part.

2. nungesser

nungesser It's so very lonely you're two thousnand light yrs Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2014
    Ireland
    is this any good to you
    [Chorus 1]
    e|------------------|-----------------|-----------------|-------------------------|
    B|------------------|-3-----3-----3---|-8-----8-----8---|-4-----4-----4-----------|
    G|----3-----3---3-5-|---3-----3-----3-|---8-----8-----8-|---5-----5-----5---------| x2
    D|------5-----5-----|-----------------|-----------------|-------------------------|
    A|------------------|-----1-----1-----|-----6-----6-----|-----3-----3-------------|
    E|--3-----3---------|-----------------|-----------------|-------------------------|

[Chorus 2]
    e|------------------|-----------------|-----------------|-------------------------|
    B|------------------|-3-----3-----3---|-8-----8-----8---|-4-----4-----4-----------|
    G|----3-----3---3-5-|---3-----3-----3-|---8-----8-----8-|---5-----5-----5---------| x2
    D|------5-----5-----|-----------------|-----------------|-------------------------|
    A|------------------|-----1-----1-----|-----6-----6-----|-----3-----3-------------|
    E|--3-----3---------|-----------------|-----------------|-------------------------|

the whole thing here
    https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/u2/red_flag_day_tabs_2276159

3. Antman

Antman Strat-Talker

Dec 29, 2013
    London
    Thanks....i did look at that tab before but the guy in the vid appears to play something different?.

4. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    the chords are Gm.....Bb.....Eb.....Cm
    it looks like he may have tuned up a half step. im almost sure of it.

5. joebloggs

joebloggs Strat-Talker

Jun 18, 2017
    The backyard
    If you slow down the video you should cop those licks easily. :) Also, unless The Edge has tuned down for this song and the player in the video is in standard tuning, I don't understand why he would be tuning up. If The Edge is tuned down, the post above about why it sounds different makes sense. Happy playing.

6. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    I played along in standard and it was spot on. thats why I thought the guy was tuned up. he might even be in some sort of open tuning.