Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

HNAD fender blues deluxe USA model!

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by silentoctave, Jan 27, 2013.

1. silentoctave

silentoctave Strat-O-Master

Jan 3, 2011
    NH
    So I was in the market for a new bigger amp. Had a 4x10 deville on layaway at GC for $450 when in the back of my mind I new I wanted a blues deluxe. Well posted a wanted ad on Craigslist this morning for a blues deluxe, guy almost immediately follows up with a blues deluxe but in really rough shape. In not one to care Bout beat up tweed Amp I think they look great broken in. So I went to his house to check it out and needless to say left with the amp.

Best part (IMO) is its a made in the USA version! And was a lot cheaper than the deville I was looking at ;)

Couple upgrades, wired in master switch to tame the loud clean channel, eminence red white and blues speaker a small fan installed on the inside of the cab with a separate plug for those hot days to keep the tubes cool and brand new tubes with a new spare set.

image-3660125583.jpg

image-2199661778.jpg

2. tysz

tysz Strat-Talk Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Looks great! HNAD!

3. Jfernan

Jfernan Senior Stratmaster

Looks like my tweed blues jr but beat up on steroids lance style!!!! Hows that overdrive? Do you need to really crank her? Congratulations, its sweet.

4. Captain Bb

Captain Bb Strat-O-Master

Aug 8, 2007
    UK
    Nice score!

Now, that amp looks exactly like mine did when I rescued this '93 model from a local recording studio sale:
    [​IMG]

I removed the amp chassis and the baffle, stuck down all the loose bits of tweed with contact adhesive and applied three coats of this:
    [​IMG]

Which turned my tatty looking amp into this:
    [​IMG]

Total restoration cost about 25 bucks.

5. silentoctave

Jan 3, 2011
    NH
    Did the amp have a super strong smell to it after? Or did it seal and the smell subside with time?

6. Captain Bb

Captain Bb Strat-O-Master

Aug 8, 2007
    UK
    I did the refin out in a well ventilated garage. It's solvent based, so there are fumes when doing the job but the shellac cures in a couple of hours, so I got all three coats done in one day. Then left it to fully harden for another day and reassembled it on the third day.

It was then taken back in the house and there were no odours as I recall (certainly none to it now).

...oh and that picture shows a gallon can - you only need the smaller quart sized can (of which I used about half).

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013

7. Uncle Jimmy

Uncle Jimmy Senior Stratmaster

Aug 22, 2011
    Connecticut
    That's one of my spring projects for sure-- looks great!

8. silentoctave

Jan 3, 2011
    NH
    Thanks for the info. Ill be doing this come spring time for sure. It looks great!