Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

HNPD ... Strymon Mobius

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by Electgumbo, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Most Honored Senior Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    I found this in the used pedal case at GC last week. I traded a Vox Night Train head and a 808 RI for it. Any how I got it home today and rearranged the board. I removed the Mini Vent and the DryBell Vibe Machine. The Mini HOF had to go too.

I did a long in shop review of the Mobius a while back when I demo one in a store. It’s a Modulation + a few other tricks. Chorus, Flanging, Vibe, Leslie, Phase Shifter and some weird bit crunching stuff. Oh Tremolo too! They all sound spectacular!

It comes with a rather large manual so I’m busy figuring it out. I did run all the OD pedal thru the unit. That’s to be able to use the post/pre thing that lets you put the Mobius before or after them. So you can have a preset with the Vibe before the distortion and another after if you would like... pretty cool. But it’s a deep Machine so it’s gonna take some time. I’m a little concerned about having the OD’s passing thru a 100% digital pedal but everything is sounding good so far. So HNPD to me!

E6DB0F93-2FBD-4683-AAC9-108E45829050.jpeg

Raiders757, nhsdpl, Cerb and 2 others like this.

2. mshivy

mshivy Most Honored Senior Member

HNPD Norm! That Morbuis thing sounds right up your alley, like near Electric Ladyland!
    I'm guessing there's some wild sounds in there- Hope to hear a demo soon.
    Nice little board you have- not too big, not too small, just right.
    How is the TC Flashback? ( sorry, don't mind me hijacking a little)

Electgumbo likes this.

3. Electgumbo

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    @mshivy
    Matt! Dude! Glad you like my little board. I used to have bigger ones I used to leave in the trailer but I’d miss playing on them. They weighted to much to carry home. I got this PT-1 a few years ago and it’s perfect. Not to big and not to small. It has a hard case a little bigger then a brief case with room for cables. So now I can work with the board at home and carry it to gigs no problem.

The Flashback is almost a no brainer. It’s a great delay pedal. I’ve had the Echo Park and the Carbon Copy. But I like the Flashback the best. I’d buy it just for the Modulated Analog setting... that’s all I use. I don’t care about tap tempo cause I’ve been using Echo for a long time and never needed one before. But it does have a weird hold down the switch and strum thing for tap tempo. I does the triplet thing for the guys to lazy to play their guitars and does the big Edge U2 thing. For its size and price I can’t complain. They have these on sale cause I think TC is coming out with a updated model. The EHX Canyon is another good sounding delay pedal if your looking.

4. Electgumbo

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    Holy Smoke! Duh! The filter thing is a auto-wah! I can ditch the MXR Auto Q and get my Reverb back! Damn this thing has replaced 3 pedals off the board.. getting more impressed! Getting some crazy 80’s sounds too. Like it’s double tracking stuff...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Raiders757 likes this.

5. Electgumbo

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    I’m giving up for the night

thomquietwolf likes this.

6. Cerb

Cerb Senior Stratmaster

Jan 22, 2016
    Sweden
    HNPD!

Electgumbo likes this.

7. Raiders757

Raiders757 Senior Stratmaster

Sep 2, 2016
    Virginia
    HNPD!! Looks like we're in the same boat so to speak. I got the Boss MD500 over the weekend, which was created to compete with the Mobius and the likes of. My mind has been blown at how much it can do and the amount of options I have with it. Like you, I'll be spending the next month or so getting used to everything it can do. You've gotten further along than I have though. I have yet to incorporate it into my board.

I'm curious as to how running your OD pedals through it works out as I have the same option.

Electgumbo likes this.

8. Electgumbo

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    This appears to be the finale configuration of the pedal board with the Mobius.. it’s been crazy but it’s mostly my fault. I was trying to do away with the SLO pedal. I figured stacking a few OD’s would get me in the ball park.... but I was mistaken. It don’t say American High Gain on that pedal for nothing.

Ok I got a few sounds edited and saved in the Mobius. Now I done found the Ring Modulator ... what else is in there... oh playing your guitar thru a scratchy gramophone is crazy... my room is like a bomb exploded so I got to put everything away... later StratTalkDudes!

AEBCD39F-903E-4011-9030-EE429110F7A1.jpeg

Raiders757 likes this.