Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

HNPD... Super Six naked SRV

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by Electgumbo, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Lost Planet Airman Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    AD1B50CB-17E1-4704-B94B-D2186BC63915.jpeg Mail just delivered the Super Six naked SRV Pedal. These were on sale for half off a few weeks ago. Over all it’s pretty nice ... well for $69 + shipping it’s awesome. It does a reasonable SRVish type tone. Not much Gain/Distortion but enough for hyper Strat tone. It does have tone. I’ll give it that easily. You can listen to the little sound bite I made.... my Veronica Strat with Stainless Steel 9’s and old Rocketfire pickups. Bedroom volume thru my H&K Tubemeister 36 clean channel...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    irie, Percy, garyhoos1 and 12 others like this.

2. mshivy

mshivy Most Honored Senior Member

Dammit. You're the funk master here, you are wailing. My wife digs it too.
    Sounds great, I can't believe that's bedroom volume.
    Congrats Norm, for $69 bucks that seems like a damn good deal.

3. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day
    Well it certainly gets you close that's for sure. The nice licks were extra I suppose. :)

Always really dig your playing.

abnormaltoy and Electgumbo like this.

4. StratSounds

StratSounds Senior Stratmaster

Sep 10, 2016
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Now that's some tasty Gumbo right there!

5. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Strats Amore Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 14, 2009
    Southeast USA
    That's pretty dang delicious sounding to me!

Oh yeah... and the pedal sounds good too! :)

PS: I've still got my elMo' but that Sixty Six sounds like a contender for sure.

6. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 24, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.

7. Electgumbo

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    @mshivy
    Thanks man... I always worry about what to play on this things. I played it for about 10 minutes and had to leave but I wanted to post something with it. Tell your wife she has good taste. Yeah the amp was barely on and the whole thing was very low. The pedal is supposed to sound like a Super on 6... that’s what the name means. I seen the ad for $69 bucks and I figured what the heck it might sound good!

@CigBurn
    Thanks Ciggy! Hey you know me just a hack guitar player. But it’s cool that you dig it!
    @StratSounds
    Mais dats just me dat play like dat me!
    @bluejazzoid
    No its not quite as good as a elMo’ but it’s good to have a back up... just in case... still digging dem Rocketfire pickups!

StratSounds, abnormaltoy and CigBurn like this.

8. bluejazzoid

Aug 14, 2009
    Southeast USA
    Lol, man the only thing good about me selling those Rocketfires was selling them to you! :) Those are on the "buy again" list for sure... silly-freakin good pickups, and you make 'em sound even better!

BTW - I'm assuming with all that wicked bending and vibrato your fingers aren't giving you as much trouble these days, hmm? Sure hope not!

9. Electgumbo

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    @bluejazzoid

Well when I was having Veronica built I not only was smart enough to buy your pickups but I had it fretted with Evo Gold frets... turns out they are a copper alloy with no nickel in them. Then switching to Stainless Steel strings was the other half of the solution. D’Addario SS strings contain no nickel. But I had to go to 9’s cause 10’s were still ripping my hands... maybe I can go back to them in time. My main stage guitar also has the Evo Golds and SS strings.... I miss the sound of 10’s but I had to give up something just to keep playing.

bluejazzoid, CigBurn and abnormaltoy like this.

10. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy BushBaby Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson
    Nice pickin there Gumbo Ray Vaughan

Electgumbo and CigBurn like this.

11. Raiders757

Raiders757 Senior Stratmaster

Sep 2, 2016
    Virginia
    Thanks for sharing and HNPD!!!

Electgumbo likes this.

12. bluejazzoid

Aug 14, 2009
    Southeast USA
    Oh yeah, I forgot about your allergy to nickel! That's very cool you're managing that with the changes.

I have yet own a SS fretted neck, but one of mine is close to needing a refret (next year), and I've pretty much made up my mind to go with Evo Golds.

Electgumbo likes this.

13. dogletnoir

dogletnoir Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 1, 2013
    northeastern usa
    Nailin' it... snarlin' junkyard dog tone fo' sure.
    TY for sharing that!

Electgumbo likes this.

14. Hendrixlvr

Hendrixlvr Strat-Talker

Jul 8, 2016
    Mississauga
    That thing sounds great!! It makes bedroom levels sound like a cranked amp! Congrats

Electgumbo likes this.

15. dueducs

dueducs Senior Stratmaster

Thanks for giving me GAS!!!!

Electgumbo likes this.

16. Electgumbo

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    @dogletnoir
    Your.... heck all of you are much to kind... just go on and bust me for my incoherent wanking! Jezz! Whats wrong with you people!!! :rolleyes:

Ok got that out the way ... thank you very much petite chein noir! Need to visit the crate soon when my ears are open.

@Hendrixlvr

It seems to do the trick. A few pedals do it. The cheap EHX Crayon does it and the mighty elMo’ still rules.

@dueducs
    You can freeze in the dark! Im not paying yo gas bill! Your on your own Hoss. If Lovepedal is still running the discount you might still get one cheap. Just kidding about you freezing in the dark... we wouldn’t want that ... Merry Christmas!!!

17. dueducs

dueducs Senior Stratmaster

I checked & the sale has ended :(
    I am on the hunt though... gasbill payment or not LOL

18. Electgumbo

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    @dueducs
    Sorry Dude!

19. Electgumbo

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    E126A5B8-5387-4CFD-AADF-373C88E420CE.jpeg Ok... not happy to let sleeping dogs lie I wanted to try and stack the Super Six with a Klone like the Stevie Snacks guy did. He used a Wampler Turmus ( I think that how it spelled ... I’m not going check ). I’m going to used my JHS Klone which is a pretty good one. You can hear me strum clean chords then kick in the Super Six ,,,, then later you should hear me send in the Klone....I wanted to increase the OD but maintain most of that tone. What you guys think?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017

20. Electgumbo

Dec 26, 2010
    Scott La.
    Still messin’ around with the Super Six and Klone... this time thru a Blues Jr.... same janky blues licks with more Drive on the SS...

CigBurn, dueducs and Raiders757 like this.