Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Hondo

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by O-rag, Jul 28, 2012.

1. O-rag

O-rag Strat-Talk Member

What's your opinion on Hondo guitars? I personally love my '79 h-76 strat

2. madmat

madmat But I digress Strat-Talk Supporter

Some are good, some are okay to start with and good with a good setup and some are bad and not worth a second look.

The Professional Series are fantastic guitars though. MIJ by Tokai.

3. NastyMojo

NastyMojo Strat-Talker

They're decent,I have played a few. I haven't every played one that blew my socks off,but I have played a few that were a good deal for the cash.They can be great players

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. eyerish

eyerish Senior Stratmaster

I just bought one on thursday the 2nd. For my son's 26th birthday. In a month.

It is actually a great player and looks weird enough to be fun.

I will put a knob and new strings and a set-up. It will be a blast

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. O-rag

O-rag Strat-Talk Member

Wow that look sweet I would love to have one like that... If only I had the cash

7. Jack FFR1846

Jack FFR1846 Senior Stratmaster

I've owned some pretty low end, off brand guitars. Some were so low end that Guitar Center had them on their "do not take in trade" list. The individual guitar was what mattered. I've never had a Hondo but looked at one that was very cheap at my favorite guitar shop. It was not good.

8. AccusedNut

AccusedNut Strat-Talk Member

I have a Hondo. I've been told it is from the 80s. As I understand it, some Hondos are fairly rare. The Hondo company was actually purchased by another company or something like that. Mine is fairly unique. It's been customized, as when I got it, it was only the body with some inlays missing. It simply looks like a piece of wood. It has no color really. It's a Fame Series 763. I'll post pics here in a little bit. But it really is a great guitar.

9. TrevorMarshall

TrevorMarshall Strat-O-Master

Owned a Hondo bass for a while, it was my girlfriends, we broke up, needless to say I don't own it anymore. I really loved that bass. I miss it too.

10. O-rag

O-rag Strat-Talk Member

I just realized I messed up on my original post it's an 89 not a 79 but anyways I heard that if mine is not a re-issue that it could be worth about 2000. So far I have no idea though

11. youngalistai

youngalistai Strat-Talk Member

i just got a hondo 1991 shape is kinda strat kinda ugly mixture serial no. starts hd91 has twin humbuckers dark brown .....yeah nic ! actually for me a novice sounds good do you think the pups would be dimarzio ....no? also picked up a kimbara at the same time its nicer but needs more work would a prelaoaded pickguard be the way to go ?