Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

How much would you pay for a Blackface/Silverface Vibrochamp

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by SeekTone, Jul 31, 2011.

1. SeekTone

SeekTone Strat-Talker

Dec 26, 2010
    I'm always on the lookout for a vibrochamp for my ultimate practice amp. I seem to see silverface in the laters mid to late 70's for around 300-400$.. with early dripedge silverfaces a bit more expensive. Blackface's in good condition seem to be 600-800.

I'd love to get the blackface one for the whole vibe factor, and the fact that both the silverface and blackface will both hold their value well. But whats the most you'd pay for each in good condition?

Does the rule that the early silverfaces pre 1973 are most desirable like all the other models.. or does it not matter for the simple vibrochamp? Meaning.. do the blackface or early silverface models sound better than a 1978 vibrochamp
  2. waytooslow

waytooslow Strat-Talk Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Watching... I am at the same crossroads. Oh. bTw first post here!

CVSTRAT Strat-Talk Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Heemskerk, Netherlands
    i know a shop in amsterdam with some vibro champ silverface's for sale for about 500-700 euros
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. JuSteve

JuSteve Strat-Talk Member

Apr 25, 2011
    S. Central, Pa.
    They all have the same circuit. The earlier ones with black painted cosmetics are more desirable/expensive cause they look cooler. Yes, some were made differently, mainly due to labor and part availability.

After 71-72, they changed from T & G pine with a screw-in baffle to completely glued marine MDF.

Great little amps, but I only have two. As far as worth, the going US rate is around $250-$350.
    More for closet queens.
  6. l88vette

l88vette Strat-Talk Member

May 15, 2010
    I haven't seen any in my area in the 250-350 range. That is about right for a Silverface Champ but I think a VibroChamp is going to run you over $500 for the blackface models and upper $300 to $400s for the silverface. Maybe a little less for one in poor cosmetic condition and even more for the really clean ones. They are great amps and are worth owning. Check ampwares.com for the selling price history on ebay for this amp or others.
  7. sebastian

sebastian Strat-Talk Member

Aug 1, 2009
    I sold my 64 vibro champ for $300, that was 6 years ago, today they're going for around $500... check out Codekinesis for the going rate of vintage fender amps. I hope this helps.
  8. Swingbass

Swingbass Senior Stratmaster

Thanks for this resource. I've off and on thought of selling my '67 Showman with tone ring cabinet. Not sure if I ever will as every time I type out the ad on CL I end up not posting due to sellers remorse seting in early. However, I am thinking of a getting a Blackface Super Reverb or maybe a Vibroverb so this is good.
  9. cagethelephant

cagethelephant Banned

Jun 29, 2011
    deshler ohio
    I just sold a 76 vibro champ only 2 pots still had the shafts it still had original tubes original speaker and it was so stained with smoke it wasn't even silver anymore all the metal was rusty and I didn't even have the footswitch it was the 6 watt version I got 125 bucks for it
  10. Demo

Demo Strat-Talk Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Reno, NV
    My money or yours?