Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

How often do you change your DD?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by LPBlue, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

I live mostly alone and have no backup peeps, and have family spread out all over Texas. For this period, I have been buying new cars with some frequency just to be absolutely as certain as possible that they will be reliable.

stratnutz likes this.
  2. space

space Strat-Talker

May 17, 2018
    midwest
    Im keeping my 08 xterra till it disintegrates
    Sold all my gas guzzlin trucks several years ago
    started picking up some older imports
    67.5 datsun 1600
    83 vanagon westfalia
    04 nissan 350z

3. lammie200

lammie200 Strat-O-Master

Apr 25, 2016
    San Francisco
    I drive a FIAT Abarth 500. It is a great car, but I worry that service will be nonexistent in the future at some point. I was amazed that the 2019 model is even available. Mine is a 2017, but I only have about 12k miles on it. And before anyone rips me about getting that car they should see my garage. It is very small and there only a few models of cars that will fit. Hopefully we will move to a larger house before I change it for something else. We are also a one car family, btw.

4. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2015
    Mukilteo
    all my cars are beaters. The newest car is an '09 Camry.

5. Swampash

Swampash Senior Stratmaster

Jun 13, 2012
    Here
    I'm basically the same. I've had the best of luck with a Jeep TJ Wrangler that's now in its 20th year, but it's almost at retirement.

LPBlue likes this.
  6. nuculer terrist

nuculer terrist Senior Stratmaster

Mar 12, 2014
    center of the mind
    Usually years, but I'll dump the heap o crap Chevy I bought last year asap and never look back. I've thought about donating it to a outdoor gun range just so I can go back and watch it die a little more each time I go, count the holes and give it the finger.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

7. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    Bought my last truck, a 1994 GMC Sierra SLE with 72K on it and sold it with 272K+ after 14 years. I only sold it because I finally got enough to buy my 2009 with 52K on it in 2012. Been driving it since and it currently has 137K.

LPBlue likes this.
  8. archetype

archetype Strat-O-Master

Nov 26, 2016
    Williamsville NY
    The Toyota Tacoma is one of humankinds best inventions. Right up there with the Telecaster and the twist-off cap.

s5tuart and nuculer terrist like this.
  9. Swampash

Swampash Senior Stratmaster

Jun 13, 2012
    Here
    You misspelled "Hilux"

10. SachaPlusDeluxe

SachaPlusDeluxe Strat-O-Master

My DD is a Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ 1997 with..... 80K. I live on a 9x5 island in the French English channel. Although we don't do a lot of miles here we only have a 40mph speed limit and there is a lot of stop start which kills cars hence why my jeep has had to have both axles rebuilt.

JEEP.jpg

Our main car which the wife uses as a DD is a Mitsubishi Shogun (Pajero) which I bought new in 2015, we'd had a 2003 version for 5 years before and were impressed with it (up until the gearbox died lol).

We'll be keeping the Shogun until it dies. The Jeep, I'm planning on not letting it die ;)