Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

I am now wireless!

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by amstratnut, Aug 20, 2018.

1. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    I broke down and bought a Shure GXLD and took it to band practice last week. Its so flippin cool.

Lotsa money and maybe not worth it for a hobbyist like me but, Im a happy camper.

I kept reading about the less expensive alternatives having issues, so I went ahead and got a "good"system.

Playin a private party Saturday. Lookin forward topickin and grinnin out in the audience.

2. bassetman

bassetman Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 14, 2018
    Pomeroy, WA
    I looked that way but want a more budget friendly choice. After three hours I like the Xvive just fine. No issues. Hope your works as well for you. Cables are a drag. ;)

abnormaltoy likes this.

3. Frankg11

Frankg11 Strat-Talker

Feb 10, 2010
    D.C./L.A./Seattle
    i have the Xvive set, they work ok, just not enough signal when you wander about 30 feet from the receiver. I choose an upgrade a line 6 G50. It works amazing well on spread spectrum channels and it has a simulator for long cables built right into it. I think is't a form of an attenuator so you can dial a length of cable effect. I have mine on about 20 because I used a coily cable a lot and liked the sound of it. Also, batteries in the pack last a long time.

I hate cables too!!!!

abnormaltoy, amstratnut and bassetman like this.

4. artgtr

artgtr Senior Stratmaster

Aug 18, 2013
    WURTSBORO, NY
    I have the Shure GXLD - I’ve had like 3 + years only had one problem, played a wedding, in a tent, it was raining. We were running the entire band on 2 outlets. We were on wet grass, I took the weather tech floor large back mat out of the back of my suv. Me & the pedalboard stayed on the mat. When the entire band powered up the pedal started thermally shutting down. After 3 times I unplugged it & played direct, so than no tuner. Tuned up the old fashioned way from the keyboard player.
    I thought it was toast. I checked into replacing it, I was going to purchase a new base unit @ $219. But thought well I’ll try it soI know it’s officially dead, well it powered up & working perfect ever since. So, it doesn’t like a questionable power source!
    Great unit!

abnormaltoy likes this.

5. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

I support your wirelessness and hope to be that way eventually.

BallisticSquid and abnormaltoy like this.

6. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    youre free now.....

abnormaltoy likes this.

7. bassetman

bassetman Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 14, 2018
    Pomeroy, WA
    Still quite happy with the xvive units. They don’t like thunder storms though.....they crackle when lightning strikes. Other than that I’ve had no problems. Oh they do tend to change their channel now and then if dropped. Takes a minute to switch them back.