Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

I can't get sound to my computer. Desperation setting in.

Discussion in 'Home Recording Studio' started by Groovey, May 19, 2018.

1. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    I've been fooling with an Audiobox and Studio One 3. I'm thinking something in my Windows 7 Pro settings is off. The microphone? I don't know. I've been at it, in it, through, and around this task for days. In spite of YouTube I'm not even sure I'm starting the program correctly. Any help and insight is greatly appreciated.

Robins likes this.
  2. Robins

Robins Dr. von Loudster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 22, 2010
    Germany
    Groovey likes this.
  3. Groovey

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    Thanks @Robins , I'll give it a look soon.

I've actually made progress in the last 10 minutes. I can see the levels jump on my Windows.

But when I start ProSonus, I get this, again.

IMG_20180519_162106664.jpg

I been looking for these settings all week. The answer must be right in front of me.

I have to run some errands but will be back at this soon.

4. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

It's your built in audio devices in your comp fighting with the Audiobox. Did you install the Audiobox driver? You have to go and make the Audiobox driver the default audio device.

5. Lovnmesomestrat

Lovnmesomestrat Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

May 11, 2014
    At Home
    Have you watched these:

Johnny is an exceptional teacher, IMHO; Let me know if you need more help and I'll try to get ya more info.

LMSS

6. Groovey

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    Thanks @Dadocaster I think I do have it selected as default.

But I am out of date on the drivers. Downloading a years worth of updates now. IMG_20180519_163330474.jpg

7. Groovey

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    Thanks LMSS ! Not seen these. I'll give em a look soon.

Lovnmesomestrat likes this.
  8. Dadocaster

Ummmm, a question...

Where are you trying to get sound from? Are you trying to get sound from speakers connected to the computer? Your monitors have to be connected to the outputs from the Audiobox.

9. Groovey

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    @Dadocaster

I can't get a signal to register on the StudioOne 3 program.

I have headphones connected to the Audiobox for playback. And monitoring, I think?
    I'm hoping to mic the Vox and give you all a sample of @Bodean s hybrid, staggered, single coils.

IMG_20180519_171549699.jpg IMG_20180519_171543146_LL.jpg

10. Dadocaster

Have you chosen the Audiobox in the the startup for Studio one?

11. Dadocaster

The first page that opens has the "Setup" box that you have to mess with to set up the Audiobox.

12. Groovey

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    I'll double check when I get back . I need to return this POS computer I picked up this morning. It was labeled with 2.+ processor, but actually is 1. So slow .

13. Groovey

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    Haha. Good one @Dadocaster . Audiobox was Not selected. That's two for you . I've updated my audiobox control drivers and selected it as the audio device .

I'm gonna review these suggested tutorials and give it a shot.

Robins and Lovnmesomestrat like this.
  14. Dadocaster

Just be clear that ALL OF THIS IS NORMAL TRYING TO GET SET UP. :D I know a small studio owner that bought a new computer and it took him around 24 hours to get everything working.

15. Groovey

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    I picked up this Audiobox last August. The next week my main computer died. Died within a day or two of finishing the Studio One install. After a bit I managed to install Studio One on my travelling computer. Yet never had it close to the Audiobox till now. Some of the set up I thought had been done, was not. And of course the 9 months of updates.

I'm not quite there. I don't see level meters yet. But hope to soon.

This thread reminds me. That if one is ever confused, and doesn't consult this forum, you may be wasting time. I've made more progress in the last few hours than I have all week on my own.

Thanks to all @Dadocaster @Robins @Lovnmesomestrat

I really want you all to hear these pickups @Bodean put together. They are my first dip into Botique pickups .hahaha. See what I did there .

Robins and Lovnmesomestrat like this.
  16. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    Oh yeah. Setting up this stuff can be stressful and it's easy to overlook what seems obvious later.

I don't really know Windows OS any more (XP was the last version I knew), so I'm sorry I can't give you any specific help.

As a general suggestion, try to break the problem down into smaller yes/no stages. For instance, can you get Windows Media Player to play through your audio box? If the answer is 'no', fix that before you move on.

Too many times, I've been so keen to get a system working, I've missed something really obvious. Ten minutes later... Oh wait a minute, I've got my headphones plugged into the computer, not the audio box... I know that isn't your specific situation, but it's very easy to convince yourself this is an 'advanced' problem when it really isn't.

Good luck Dave! :thumb:

17. Groovey

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    simoncroft likes this.
  18. Groovey

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    It's 8 :30pm here and I'm nearing the end of my attention span . I've been at it since noon . A bit more study and I'll be back at it in the morning .

Robins, Lovnmesomestrat and Bodean like this.
  19. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    Always happy to help if I can, but we're taking a cruise around the Scottish Highlands starting Monday. If you don't get anything from me for 10 days, that's why. :thumb:

Groovey likes this.
  20. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day
    So.. sometimes if the audio box is plugged into a different USB port than the one it was installed on it can fail to register..just a thought

Robins, Groovey and simoncroft like this.