Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

i cant keep up with the old man

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by heltershelton, Sep 16, 2018.

1. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    i just cant.
    i mean you all know i like to drink beer and stuff but my old man takes the cake.
    every day. all day. i just cant do it.
    the new 30 pack should last us a few hours.
    really?

Omar, Mansonienne and Bodean like this.
  2. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Senior Stratmaster

Feb 27, 2018
    North Central NC
    Wow. I know what you mean, but I'm a few years older than you are. It used to be that if I was doing something fun like jamming, I could drink beer all afternoon and into the night. For whatever reason, it's just not fun to drink that much any more. Maybe it's because I'm 60, or maybe I'm tired of feeling crummy after the fun, or maybe it's a combination of both. And maybe your father is younger than I am!

Your story sounds a little like when I read about John Belushi and Hunter Thompson hanging out. John couldn't keep up, and ended up wandering aimlessly around Hunter's yard in a stupor.

heltershelton likes this.
  3. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Yup too much fun can sometimes be a problem:)

The Strat Dude and heltershelton like this.
  4. heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    he will be 69 tomorrow. i mean 18.

Omar, Bodean and Triple Jim like this.
  5. rgbedard

rgbedard Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 3, 2018
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I don't really miss it. I put most of that stuff under the category of "young and dumb" (young and dumb in my case, I am not preaching here) ... really lucky I survived my youth, lol. A lot of my friends didn't.

And in my case, my dad had to throttle back long before I did. Maybe that made it easier for me.

Omar and heltershelton like this.
  6. Triple Jim

Feb 27, 2018
    North Central NC
    It's gotten so extreme for me that lately I've noticed I play the guitar better if I haven't been drinking. It used to be the opposite. You know, lose your inhibitions and go nuts, but now my fingers feel clumsy after a few beers, and I seem to lose speed.

And it's only going to get worse! :)

heltershelton, Omar and circles like this.
  7. archetype

archetype Strat-O-Master

Nov 26, 2016
    Williamsville NY
    I've seen a few guys die young that way.

8. heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    the old man was like a teenager last night. there were a bunch of womerns and my pa was doing rock n roll poses while he played. good stuff.
    and thats the only time he didnt drink.

Omar and Triple Jim like this.
  9. Triple Jim

Feb 27, 2018
    North Central NC
    It's great that your dad had fun at the gig. It's really fun when I'm doing something like water skiing, playing guitar, riding a motorcycle, etc., and get wrapped up in it enough to totally forget I'm not 25 years old.

10. heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    im kind of amazed that pa and i are still here. jeez.

Omar likes this.
  11. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

I haven't really touched beer since college, and even then it was peer pressure. Lots of it. And lots of beer. So I have no suggestions.

My dad however is hurting himself by drinking too much, it's hard to bear sometimes. Not all the time, but consistently, especially in the evening.

But I think he's cutting back due somewhat to the cancer meds, and the accumulated damage. He's in rough shape. At his age, the doc pretty much says 'let him do what he wants'. Still, it's sad.