Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

I didn't know you wanted guacamole with it?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by jaybones, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Terra Incognito
    That was my reaction haha, but the guy took her order without any hesitation, maybe more people eat their burgers like this than I thought.

Sort of like a "George eating a snickers bar with fork and knife" situation for me haha

abnormaltoy and Cerb like this.
  2. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    That is very weird

abnormaltoy and Guy Named Sue like this.
  3. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

@rolandson Reminds me when I had a 9 to 5 and was lunching at one of those chinese buffet places.

It was crowded and a pepper pork dish was empty. A worker was there saying it was coming right out.

When it hit the buffet I got a heaping helping. Was about halfway through when I tried to cut a larger piece with my fork.

Soft and rubbery I realized it was raw! The soy sauce had made it appear browned, the cubes were small enough not to have to chew much and the pepper covered the taste. I'd been eating raw pork!

On my way out I told the hostess the pork wasn't cooked enough, but I don't think she understood.

On my way back to work I vomitted into my litter bag. Called my supervisor and took a half day sick leave.

At home I chugged water from the sink sprayer and vomitted a few more times until it was just water.

gwjensen likes this.
  4. Guy Named Sue

Feb 11, 2015
    Terra Incognito
    Hey, been meaning to tell you that band logo of yours looks pretty badass!

ZlurkCorzDog and abnormaltoy like this.
  5. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    Oh thanks! My colleague did it for me. But our drummer thinks it’s not original enough.

6. Guy Named Sue

Feb 11, 2015
    Terra Incognito
    Drummers and their opinions, am I right? downloadfile-8.gif
    [​IMG]

abnormaltoy and Mansonienne like this.
  7. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    Ha ha! I told him I was looking forward to seeing his logo proposal...

8. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Damn. Now I’m gassing for one of those

Mansonienne likes this.
  9. nungesser

nungesser Whyyyyyyyyyyy can't I touch it Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2014
    Ireland
    this is the decline of civilization as we know it, it all started when they began making burgers and sandwich's upside down with the lettuce and tomato etc..on the bottom

Mansonienne likes this.
  10. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Peardale CA
    Mrs. Dislikes(not hates)...
    Dee Samich peebles..
    I'm headed to town to throw my line in the water...
    See if they're biting

11. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Senior Stratmaster

Jul 18, 2017
    The Heartland
    It's not limited to the workers. The owner of a local pizza shop is in his fifties, and he's just as bad. Unfortunately, his pizza is the only kind all the kids and the wife can agree on.

To support my nephew's lacrosse team, we bought a $20 coupon card. One of the selling points was a coupon from this pizza shop. The coupon says "Buy any pizza, get a pizza of equal or lesser value FREE." The first time we tried to use it, the owner refused the coupon because I ordered large pizzas. Despite what it says on the coupon, he claimed it only worked on medium pizzas. He got offended when I called him out on it. We didn't order from there for about six weeks.

Last night, we tried again. I ordered our normal large pizza, and also one of the mediums to get for free with the coupon. This time he tried to refuse the coupon because the pizzas weren't the same size. Apparently, if I spend $12.25 at his shop, I can get a $12.25 pizza for free, but if I spend $21.00 at his shop, I can't get a $12.25 pizza for free. Where's the logic in that?

Lovnmesomestrat and Mansonienne like this.
  12. Mansonienne

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    What? A turkey and guac sandwich? BLT? Meatless burger? Or a crazy drummer?:p

Nadnitram likes this.
  13. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Turkey bacon and guac. But maybe hold the turkey

Mansonienne likes this.
  14. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Senior Stratmaster

Jul 18, 2017
    The Heartland
    In my experience, crazy drummers can gas for themselves. :eek:

Mansonienne likes this.
  15. Wrighty

Wrighty Senior Stratmaster

Mar 7, 2013
    Harlow, Essex, UK
    Ah, vegetarian. There’s a new vegetarian snack in Singapore, Not Poodle

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Hairy Bear likes this.
  16. Wrighty

Wrighty Senior Stratmaster

Mar 7, 2013
    Harlow, Essex, UK
    Complained to the Chinese waiter ‘this chicken’s rubbery’ back came the reply ‘aw, fang you velly much’

jaybones and LPBlue like this.
  17. LPBlue

LPBlue "That Guy", again...dammit! Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 19, 2012
    Canada, near the other end
    "Chicken Sushi Chinese Style...item 4b":D

18. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog A Real Nowhere Man Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 20, 2012
    Not On Cloud 9
    When I go a Subway now the first thing I do is put a dollar into their tip jar. I then place my order & if there is more than 1 worker I put another dollar or 2 into the tip jar. When it comes time to pay I ask them if they have any coupons. Works for me nearly every time. :thumb:

19. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Senior Stratmaster

Jun 10, 2013
    Hillsboro, OR, USA
    I've heard of stories like this lately where some employees just don't seem to have any common sense. It's called a turkey bacon guacamole wrap, but shesaid she didn't know you wanted guacamole, and wanted to charge you for it? Wat? At that point I probably would have asked if there was a manager/supervisor around that you could talk to (who would hopefully be a bit smarter and help you).

I've also heard of some employees who apparently don't know how to count money, don't know what a dollar coin is (or think they're fake), etc..

My first job was at a fast food place (Dairy Queen, which also made hamburgers, fries, & other hot food), and I had (or heard about) customers ordering both of these. The hamburger with no meat actually came up occasionally from vegetarians, so I guess it's not totally weird. But for vegetarians, we did also serve Gardenburgers (http://www.gardenburger.com/).

20. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Senior Stratmaster

Jun 10, 2013
    Hillsboro, OR, USA
    I might add a tip only afterward, and only if the service is extra good. A tip jar in a fast food restaurant seems a little weird though, since it's not common for fast food places to accept tips (at least, it didn't used to be).