Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

I didn't know you wanted guacamole with it?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by jaybones, Dec 5, 2018.

1. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog A Real Nowhere Man Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 20, 2012
    Not On Cloud 9
    Before your time I reckon. McJungle was the first to begin with allowing no tips, the others followed It trained John Q Public to not tip anywhere it wasn't expected. Some of the lowest paid worker's out there, I totally empathize. Most don't even expect it where it IS allowed.
    Au contraire, tips up front puts the low paid workers on our side, looking to cut us a break where they can.

2. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    I'm torn on this one. I thought your idea about tipping first was very clever, but lots of us over here reckon that Americans tip too much, so of course we inevitably end up following US practice.

You're quite right about many food serving/making staff getting paid less than a living wage, & I agree that it's wrong, but surely it's for employers to right that wrong, not customers? No staff should have to rely on tips (which are more properly called "gratuities") in order to take home enough money to feed their families.

Also we often read of employers who collect tips & then divide them, up, many keeping a cut for themselves, many giving a cut to kitchen staff to hide the fact that they are not paid a living wage. It's not a reasonable way to run a business.

3. Mesaman

Mesaman Strat-O-Master

Oct 20, 2014
    Mesa AZ
    Hey good idea, two or three dollars for a fifty cent coupon.

4. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog A Real Nowhere Man Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 20, 2012
    Not On Cloud 9
    You'd be quite wrong. Maybe depend's on location though.