Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

I had no idea...

Discussion in 'Home Recording Studio' started by Dadocaster, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

I joined a Mix Critique Facebook group a long while back and then never used it for anything. Never posted, never listened to submissions, never commented. Just listened to a couple and was shocked to realize that there are people out there mixing MUCH WORSE THAN I DO!! I guess this place set a standard that was quite high and I did not realize it. I knew there were some "ringers" here, but I did not know you were ALL ringers. :D

Mansonienne likes this.

2. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    But it IS Facebook ... :D

3. Dadocaster

Yeah, but there a lot of very good groups that have strong pro members and some groups were created by pros. Loads of great stuff on those. I suppose the one I was just on is one that qualifies for your comment. :D

tery likes this.

4. Yaralag

Yaralag Senior Stratmaster

Sometimes I hang around the lesson room at the guitar store and listen in to make myself feel better.

5. Dadocaster

Great idea.

Yaralag and Mansonienne like this.

6. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    I could post some more stuff if you guys ever need a lift.

7. Dadocaster

Well, my amusement for the day is based on the fact that the people posting mixes to a mix critique site, probably have some studio gear of some kind...

I don't really have a lot of confusion regarding where on the food chain I am with regard to playing, singing, writing and such. I bet my self assessment would be pretty accurate. With regard to audio production, I have mainly pro stuff and stuff here to go by and a lot of the stuff here is apparently high quality.

I have said before that you would be an asset in a band or music project because YOU DO MUSIC. I stand behind that.

Lovnmesomestrat and Mansonienne like this.

8. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    That's the deal with Facebook ... you got 12 year old kids , fake posts , pro studios , liars , crooks , and scam artists . Who is who ? ___ Only the shadow knows .

9. moullineaux

moullineaux Senior Stratmaster

Jul 11, 2009
    ATLANTA, GA
    There is so much equipment out there that makes it so easy to record “ music” However, having equipment and knowing how to use it are two completely different things. There are tons of good recordings out there and some not so good. Most people don’t want to take the time( or have the time) necessary to methodically go through the sometimes mundane steps of learning how to record, mix and master a recorded piece of music. I have been doing it for twenty years and I learn something new everyday. It’s good to listen to what others are doing to find out what you know or don’t know but in the end a good quality recording takes time, understanding, practice and creativity. For those who just want to get something down and put it out there, more power to them. Context is important however.

eclecticsynergy likes this.

10. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
    I’m not at all surprised that you stand above the crowd in mixing. I know the people here are serious, and ringers, including you. You’re not messing around.
    I thank you for your kind words but I am so frustrated with my guitar playing. So slow, so not clean, so clumsy. And I’m not even trying to do anything fancy with my group - some pretty basic rhythm and a teeny tiny thing that doesn’t even really deserve to be called a solo. But I can’t play it the way I want to.
    Anyway, I didn’t mean to make this about me and my frustrations and insecurities.
    I hope this discovery has given you a boost! Keep on kicking their butts over on FB. Dado’s in the house and he’s bringing the goods!

Lovnmesomestrat likes this.

11. Dadocaster

Point by point:

I don't stand above the crowd, I just found some people worse than I am. :D

Nay, I am not close to a ringer. I have piddled around the edges of the music scene for a long time, but never had projects/bands/gigs that actually hung together and functioned.

We are all mostly frustrated with our guitar playing and I am very slow when working on new skills or music.

Well, possibly a small boost to keep me going.

Mansonienne likes this.

12. nungesser

nungesser In a world of thieves, the only sin is stupidity Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2014
    Ireland
    ah yes but you my friend have a vision

Mansonienne likes this.

13. Lovnmesomestrat

Lovnmesomestrat Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

May 11, 2014
    At Home
    I piddled me pants once, as a matter of fact, I'm gonna go check right know to see if I'm wearing "poopies"!???

LMSS