Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

I made an offer, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Pre-CBS Strats (before 1966)' started by TheDudeMan, Nov 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bazz Jass

Bazz Jass Chairman of the Fingerboard Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 19, 2014
    Up a lazy river
    A just-a make-a the joke! ;)

Ebidis likes this.
  2. sikoniko

sikoniko Strat-O-Master

This is wrong because I had vintage screws in my lashing and they did not sit flush.

TheDudeMan likes this.
  3. rolandson

rolandson Most Honored Senior Member

The green comes with age...just like in real life. You should know this, living in Seattle. Fighting the traffic up Sand Point, the damn bridges over the Montlake Cut, the abyss of Green Lake...and then there's "Downtown"...how all logic of addresses and street names suddenly turns to mush...
    If nothing else can cause one to turn green...it's trying to drive in Seattle.

God how I miss it. And yeah, it takes a Lashing about 20 years to turn green, just like the originals.

4. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    Guess I'm just too serious mined. :whistling:

Mipstoo and Bazz Jass like this.
  5. Duckster

Duckster Strat-Talk Member

Nov 29, 2018
    Pilsbury
    I'll join you on that limb. If that thing saw 1959, I am Jimi Hendrix.

Mipstoo and TheDudeMan like this.
  6. Bazz Jass

Nov 19, 2014
    Up a lazy river
    Excuse me while I kiss this guy.

7. Mipstoo

Mipstoo Senior Stratmaster

Mar 18, 2013
    Rockingham Palace
    Damn, still 10 more years to go...

rolandson likes this.
  8. TheDudeMan

TheDudeMan Strat-Talker

Sep 19, 2016
    The Crossroads
    Well got the guard and it's a match for the lashing guard I've already got, so it's going back lol

franckb, T Guitar Floyd and Bazz Jass like this.
  9. bloomz

bloomz Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 17, 2012
    yer mom's house
    And here we all are after reading (or skimming) thru it?

Guess it's a rhetorical question?

TheDudeMan likes this.
  10. Bazz Jass

Nov 19, 2014
    Up a lazy river
    Wise move. Sorry it didn't work out for you this time! Will be interesting to see how it's relisted.

johnnymg and TheDudeMan like this.
  11. Lone Woof

Lone Woof Senior Stratmaster

Nov 30, 2014
    WI
    This makes me realize I have no business even thinking about getting into vintage classics. My '75 musicmaster bass is as vintage as it's gonna get for this proletariat.

12. TheDudeMan

TheDudeMan Strat-Talker

Sep 19, 2016
    The Crossroads
    Well needless to say he is contesting the return, Reverb is moving it along in the process, I told them if they want to authenticate it and it comes back as authentic then I'll keep it... needless to say it wouldn't and this should be an open and closed return lol I've purchased over 14k worth of stuff in the last year from CME, so I'm sure they will resolve this fairly quickly.

13. TheDudeMan

TheDudeMan Strat-Talker

Sep 19, 2016
    The Crossroads
    Ok so I've had a little more time to inspect the guard... compared to a lashing and a callham the one thing I've noticed that's different is the pot spacing, any thoughts? This guard is definitely different then the other 2. The lashing and callham volume knob touches the treble screw this one does not, all the pics I've seen the volume knob almost touches the screw on vintage guitars.

14. Mipstoo

Mar 18, 2013
    Rockingham Palace
    Did you measure the cutout for the bridge?

TheDudeMan likes this.
  15. Mipstoo

Mar 18, 2013
    Rockingham Palace
    I think the rule is that you have to need it authenticated by a trusted source. Depending on the outcome, you'll get a refund and it gets destroyed, or you need to keep it.
    That's how I thought it worked. And you should take the matter up with Paypal, I don't think Reverb can intervene...

TheDudeMan likes this.
  16. TheDudeMan

TheDudeMan Strat-Talker

Sep 19, 2016
    The Crossroads
    It's actually wider then my other guard, so it's going to be over 25mm... the tell tale sign is the knob placement isn't correct... I took the guard off my guitar just to see if it would fit, and it doesn't even line up with the shield. I paid using reverbs bill pay, so they are in control of it now.... I'll get a refund, not worried, item was not as described so.

JustABluesGuy and Mipstoo like this.
  17. Mipstoo

Mar 18, 2013
    Rockingham Palace
    Sorry, I thought you used Paypal.
    I don't know the exact policies of Reverb, but Paypal is as described above. Hard part would be to find someone to authenticate.

If the cutout is even wider and there is no trace of it being done manually then it's definitely a repro with modern-size bridge cutout. Are you sure about 25mm, I mean the width of the cutout. Should be either around 74mm or 75mm.

TheDudeMan likes this.
  18. TheDudeMan

TheDudeMan Strat-Talker

Sep 19, 2016
    The Crossroads
    The big issue is the holes for the pots are not in the right place, they are way off, I'd have to use it without the shield... basically that the guy won't take it back even though it's supposedly worth more then I paid for it speaks volumes lol reverb has buyer protection, and I contacted them within 2 hours of recieving it. I'm not seeing the return being any issue, supposed to hear back within 48 hours.

19. Adam Wolfaardt

Adam Wolfaardt Strat-Talker

Jan 2, 2017
    France
    What on earth is the "treble screw"?

TheDudeMan likes this.
  20. Mipstoo

Mar 18, 2013
    Rockingham Palace
    I assume this screw

Parts_-_1__16_.jpg