Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

I think I’ve lost my love for the Strat

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Hendrixlvr, Mar 2, 2018.

1. gilmourstrat

gilmourstrat Senior Stratmaster

Oct 16, 2012
    Europe
    I was "Strat-less" for 8 years!!! I rediscovered the love just a few years ago. Nothing wrong with it, just play what makes you feel good ;)

Mansonienne and strat1339 like this.

2. Hendrixlvr

Hendrixlvr Strat-O-Master

Jul 8, 2016
    Mississauga
    Oh I won’t sell it. It’s one of those Mexican made Monterey Strat’s, with some eerily coincidental dates stamped on the neck and body. And you’re right in assuming my tele doesn’t have a trem.....in fact it’s only got one pickup ;) lol

*update....still haven’t taken it out of its case.....:(

3. TSims1

TSims1 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    There’s a billion gagillion Strats on the planet man. If you ain’t feelin it and are in a different phase of “guitar life”, then move it on. You can grab another one later should you decide you want another.

I’m not sentimental though. Guitars are just guitars. A means to an end. ;)

4. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Senior Stratmaster

Sep 4, 2015
    New Jersey
    I see. You got Esquired! I am excited to be having one built, myself.

It might be years or even forever that you keep the Strat in a case. It's okay. You're still playing music.

Hendrixlvr likes this.

5. BuddyHollywood

BuddyHollywood Strat-Talker

Jul 22, 2011
    Venice, CA
    I had a MIJ E series 80s Strat for about 10 years. It sounded good but the neck was too thin for me and it made my hand cramp. I could have bought a new neck for it but at the time I was more interested in a Gretsch Duo Jet with single coil Dynasonic pickups so I sold it to help fund the Gretsch.

I thought I would regret it but I didn't. A few years later I found myself wanting to hear the Strat tone on songs I was writing so I built a parts Strat. I like the partscaster better than my 80s MIJ Strat anyway so I still have no regrets. Well, the only regret is that the MIJ was a cool shade of Olympic white that matched my Precision bass exactly.

6. jvin248

jvin248 Senior Stratmaster

Jan 10, 2014
    Michigan

I put away my Strats and then I got a Joyo American Sound pedal. While I don't use the pedal all the time, the Strats are back out on the wall. Then I did that Dan Armstrong Blender mod on the Strats (SSS blends to HSH) and they are a lot more entertaining.

Namelyguitar likes this.