Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

I Wait No More for an EOB.

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Bowmap, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Bowmap

Bowmap Thank you Gold Member

Dec 23, 2017
    NVL
    I have had a Fender EOB Strat on order for months now. Several delays have occurred. I finally gave up and cancelled the order. Can any one here tell me why Fender is having a problem producing the guitars.

Thanks.

2. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Lewisville, TX

3. Bowmap

Dec 23, 2017
    NVL
    Fender Ed O'Brien signature strat. Has a Duncan JB Jr at the bridge, A Texas in the middle and a Fernandes Sustainer at the neck.
    EOB.jpg

4. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Strats Amore Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 14, 2009
    Southeast USA
    There are a few new (and several used) EOBs Strats on Reverb.com, if that's a route you might consider.

circles, Bowmap and cabojoe like this.

5. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    Certainly sounds like an interesting guitar. Kinda like it. :)

The only reason I can imagine for the delay is low order numbers. Production lines work best on continuous runs of the same product. Ideally, a factory manager wants to see any given line produce the same item month-after-month. In the real world, that doesn't always happen.

Stopping the production line to re-tool, re-stock parts bins, maybe re-train assembly-line workers regarding what the new procedures are... It's all 'down time' when the line isn't making money. In fact, it's costing money.

So, if there's an order in for 500 of something the line is already making, it's hard to justify closing it down to make 50 of something else ... especially when you know you'll have to re-tool again to meet that order for 500 guitars.

Bowmap likes this.

6. Bowmap

Dec 23, 2017
    NVL
    Indeed. It has been shipped. I check to find stock before I cancelled the order. Reverb had about 5 listings. All the big suppliers have a future ship date.

bluejazzoid likes this.

7. Bowmap

Dec 23, 2017
    NVL
    I had been given several reasons for the delay over time. The 1st one was Fender did not realize the demand this guitar would create and thus was under stocked which was causing production delays. They have had the 'Get On Waiting List' button for that guitar up a long time.

Edit: It is a 'Notify Me When In Stock' button.

I really want to find out if the reasons for the delays are true. I like my dealer but I do subscribe to 'Trust, but Verify' school of thought.

8. guitarface

guitarface Senior Stratmaster

Nov 11, 2012
    New York
    I get five of those in the mail anytime I see a doctor. This is not a bill. Then why are you sending it to me?

Bowmap likes this.

9. Bowmap

Dec 23, 2017
    NVL
    So Fender will fix production issues and send me 5? Yippie!

10. John C

John C Senior Stratmaster

Jul 17, 2012
    Kansas City
    Actually that could be the reason - Fender didn't make enough of them in the first run and didn't schedule another run quickly enough. Fender has production cycles - if you mis-time something that is out of stock it could be 6-9 months before they make any more of them, depending upon how they have the various models scheduled.

They've probably spent the past 2-3 months cranking out all the new Player series models, now they can check their schedule and see if they can move up the EOBs or if they will have to wait until whenever they have the next run scheduled.

Bowmap likes this.

11. Bowmap

Dec 23, 2017
    NVL
    I Yi yi yi I! 6 to 9 months.

12. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

giphy (1).gif

strat_strummer and The-Kid like this.

13. jeff h

jeff h Senior Stratmaster

Jan 13, 2017
    Ohio

14. MonteJoe

MonteJoe New Member!

Aug 4, 2018
    Massachusetts
    I waited 6 months, guitar center tried to cancel my order but I got it back on track and am glad I waited. Aug 2nd it showed up and it's worth the wait.
    I worndered about the delay as well and thought the same factory line retooling training thing. Production runs. Line factories need to have really good planning to have parts in stock. Fernandez could have been the problem as thier probably not used to that kind of volume.
    Anyway worth the wait.

The-Kid and Bowmap like this.

15. Bowmap

Dec 23, 2017
    NVL
    It would be interesting to find out what the issue really was. If my original dealer was correct about patents and Fernandez going out of business, either Fender saved Fernandez or bought the patent or ??? Either way it is good to hear that they are back in production. Is not Fernandez a Japanese company?

The-Kid likes this.

16. RJ Squirrel

RJ Squirrel Strat-Talker

Jan 28, 2018
    Frostbite Falls
    Dumb*** me thought that this might be an insurance related thread and that he was waiting on an Explanation of Benefits letter.

17. Bowmap

Dec 23, 2017
    NVL
    OH... Happy New Guitar Day. Welcome to the forum. You'll like it around here. A lot of brainiacs and talented people. Enjoy your stay. This is the thread to my New Guitar Day posting http://www.strat-talk.com/threads/ngd-strat-eob-battery-included.477698/. We like to share pics when we get new gear.

The-Kid likes this.

18. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 24, 2015
    Va. Beach, Va
    Peavey did the same thing with the classic mini 20 watt head. I saw one and was going to buy it but decided to wait a week or two. It was gone by then, ordered one , this was back probably March or April and they finally shipped some more maybe three weeks ago. I thought the boat sank on the way over or something

19. Bowmap

Dec 23, 2017
    NVL
    @MonteJoe - Does your EOB have only two trem springs? They seem stronger than whats on my other strats. I tried to float the trem but it stayed on the deck. There is certainly plenty of room for to dive but I like my trem setup so I can go up. I am think about switching the springs out.