Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Ibanez Jem? Input needed by experts!

Discussion in 'Other Guitar Discussion' started by HankPym, Mar 13, 2018.

1. HankPym

HankPym Strat-Talker

Sep 11, 2017
    USA
    Hi all,

I have a chance to purchase this pink Ibanez gem for fairly cheap (trying to branch out!), but don't know if this is a good deal or not. Lets say its about $200. Is this a cheaper version of the Ibanez gems? Or a fake? I cannot find one with such a large back cavity cover or one with the maple fretboard/pyramid combination! Enlighten me! Only pictures I was given.

00Q0Q_81kh9ga58iJ_600x450.jpg 00t0t_7xklAmvqizE_1200x900.jpg

2. Bodean

Bodean Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    They did make a 777 with a maple fret board like that. That being said the Jems are one of the most faked Ibanez's out there. Te routing around the monkey grip, and the way JEM is wrote on the headstock, as well as the serial numbers can sometimes be signs. I would request better pictures of those areas. I would also run it by the guys on Jemsite, there are better eyes for Ibanez over there.

HankPym likes this.

3. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Don't buy it - it's a fake....

Missing the 24th fret inlay, missing the green knobs, missing the green paint behind the floyd route....it's a poorly done fake of a pink Ibanez Jem 777

The heel cut is wrong too on the back...and the neck plate style.....

4. HankPym

HankPym Strat-Talker

Sep 11, 2017
    USA
    Thanks for the input! That is all I need to avoid it like the plague. I've never owned (or really looked) at an Ibanez guitar before so I was not aware they were faked often! Crazy.

Thank you for helping me dodge a bullet!

5. Cerb

Cerb Senior Stratmaster

Jan 22, 2016
    Sweden
    I have owned several Ibbys, this one's as fake as they get. In addition to what @Guitarmageddon said, I'm not aware of any Ibanez's in general or Jems in particular with a one piece neck without skunk stripe. As a rule of thumb, the higher the quality, the more pieces in the neck when we're talking Ibbys.

If you want an exceptional guitar for your money, go look at any of the Ibanez Prestige guitars, especially the ones with Floyd type tremolos. You can find a $1200 guitar used for under $500 if you're patient.

The Jems seem to hold their value fairly well compared to their Ibanez siblings.

HankPym likes this.