Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Interesting Piece on Rosewood Regulations

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by nadzab, Nov 30, 2017.

1. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Does an electric guitar count as a personal item?

2. Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday At the Crossroads, now which way do I go Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 19, 2011
    red barn, USA
    you expect a government bureaucrat to know this? Much less read your phone? Five years of going through airport TSA four times a week I know that they are making up stuff as they go.

dante1963 likes this.

3. MetalPedal

MetalPedal Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 22, 2016
    Auto-Wah, Canada
    Yes as long as you aren’t selling it and are bringing it back with you. Shane from the In The Blues channel said he’s not had any problems travelling around the world with his rosewood guitars.

4. MetalPedal

Oct 22, 2016
    Auto-Wah, Canada
    In my experience, in North America, you treat them well and they reciprocate.

5. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    So if you're challenged on this issue, how can you prove that you're not selling it & that you will be bringing it back with you? It seems like one of those things that are difficult to prove one way or the other. I don't even have receipts for most of my guitars.

6. MetalPedal

Oct 22, 2016
    Auto-Wah, Canada
    Be nice to the customs dudes.

7. Numbercruncher

Numbercruncher Strat-Talker

Nov 28, 2017
    Spokane, WA
    You may have oversimplified it but I basically agree with this. If the cost of Rosewood rose prohibitively and it wasn't profitable there would be no market for it so to speak.

I hate to see guitar players miss out on this and won't be so judgmental as to say furniture is just practical and can be made of fake rosewood whereas musical folk need it for creative purposes. Then again, how many guitar fingerboards can be made from a solid rosewood Armwar? I have no idea how to spell this word since as a single man whose furniture consists of Guitar, Amplifier and TV I have never spoken that word aloud or ever tried to buy one.

NC

8. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Strat-Talker

Jun 30, 2016
    Heart O' Dixie
    Furniture can be historical, and have value beyond just decor, having some archeological information about culture and behavior from the past. Not my bag, but I recognize the value of collecting and preserving anything from the past that has clues and evidence to things we didn't record, or appreciate at the time. You got it right phonetically, I think its spelled armoire, in the french fashion.

Numbercruncher likes this.

9. vid1900

vid1900 Senior Stratmaster

Nov 25, 2016
    USA
    You can't tell your theory to this guy. He went 100% extinct last year.

hqdefault.jpg

10. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Strat-Talker

Jun 30, 2016
    Heart O' Dixie
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018