Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Is Jamplay.com legit?

Discussion in 'Tab & Music Forum' started by eselkopf1, May 3, 2012.

1. eselkopf1

eselkopf1 Strat-Talk Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Fayetteville NC
    I've been looking into lesson websites. Im in the Army and old fasioned in person lessons arent realistic for me. Scheduling is a nightmare. I took lessons for about a year and a half befor i joined the army 7 years ago and my playing has more or less been stagnant since then, or maybe deteriorated a little. Does anyone has experience with this sort of thing? Ive been doing the youtube thing but I want more.
  2. dearlpitts

dearlpitts Strat-O-Master

Feb 28, 2011
    jam play is great-live lessons -songs -pre recorded lessons on anytrhing u want-really got me from want to be in band to being in band getting paid-2 thumbs up.
  3. Morty76

Morty76 Strat-Talk Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Brevard, NC
    Groovy Music Lessons - GROOVY MUSIC LESSONS

Look into Scott Grove's lessons. He has got a lot of stuff $49.95 and you can download all his stuff. Or what I did was buy all his lessons on a hard drive, easier with my slow DSL. He's a really entertaining guy and breaks things down.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Mouse

Mouse The Knees of Rock Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    I briefly used Jamplay through a trial subscription I got. It was decent enough and the pricing seemed fair if you think you'll use it enough.

There are a lot of free lessons out there (you can cull through ULTIMATE GUITAR TABS ARCHIVE | 300,000+ Guitar Tabs, Bass Tabs, Chords and Guitar Pro Tabs! and find some decent stuff) but it sounds like you're looking for something a bit more professional.

For pay-lessons/tab/etc I personally like Guitar Tabs, Online Guitar Video Lessons, Songs, Scales, Chords, Jam Tracks, and More! ) They've got a good selection, reasonable pricing and an easy to use interface.

ITSGOTQUACK Strat-Talker

Sep 19, 2011
    Thank you very much my friend! I'm glad you are enjoying all of the lessons!
  7. StratsRock

StratsRock Strat-Talker

Oct 21, 2010
    Based on what I read in this thread, I went ahead and downloaded one of Scott's videos just for fun. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely worth the $4 and then some. I'll be downloading more in the future for sure.
  8. Nudefish11

Nudefish11 Strat-Talker

Jul 16, 2011
    Based on the recommendation I also bought all the videos from Scott's video and he is awesome......... I really enjoyed his teaching and man he can play... Thanks again Strat Talk for helping me be a better player....
  9. dleuen

dleuen Strat-O-Master

Oct 12, 2009
    Littleton, CO. USA
    I've been a member of Truefire for a while now and really like their offering. They have a wide variety of lessons in different styles and approaches. They really have some top notch instructors. They are currently putting together a set of lessons from Robben Ford.

I was intrigued by the Scott Grove lessons mentioned above. Especially for the piano lessons. May have to try that one out.
  10. danagos

danagos Strat-Talk Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Wayne, NJ USA
    Recently I found Griff Hamlin's site,

How To Play Blues Guitar With Blues Guitar Unleashed | Blues Guitar Lessons and DVD

and he's pretty good. He gives online lessons and tabs to accompany them.

You can sign up for free and he sends stuff to your email pretty often (FREE!) or you can buy his course material.

I'm not associated with Griff in any way, but I've learned some things from him and it's well done IMO.
  11. Drubbing

Drubbing Strat-O-Master

complete and structured beginners and intermediate course. Soloing, scales, Jazz, blues, Rock and metal etc.

All Free.