Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Is my strat a pre CBS or a CBS era ?

Discussion in 'Pre-CBS Strats (before 1966)' started by Guillaume212, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Guillaume212

Guillaume212 Strat-Talk Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Paris France
    Yes sir

2. Guillaume212

Jan 1, 2018
    Paris France
    Mon dieu j'en viens de m'inscrire et je m'aperçois qu'il y a beaucoup de frenchy !

I have some pictures of the pickups that I did the next morning after buying the guitar ... (and also inside the body and everyelse interesting parts ) but I am not sure of how to upload them here, as I am using an IPad ... the pictures are in the IPad and I don't know how to upload them with the URL adress...if anybody have any clue on how I can do that...

usul1978 likes this.

3. dueducs

dueducs Senior Stratmaster

I'd say best of both worlds. Enjoy!

4. usul1978

usul1978 Guitar bricolo Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 9, 2015
    France
    I would say upload them on some pictures site (imgur or whatever) and use the direct link with the picture symbol when typing your message. Or you can upload an album on strat talk, from your profile page. PM me if you're lost.

Welcome in here anyway !

5. usul1978

Dec 9, 2015
    France
    How cool is that !

A real beauty, and its 65 birth and CBS/non CBS "hybrid" nature makes it even cooler !!

6. Tone Guru

Tone Guru Senior Stratmaster

Dec 13, 2011
    Music City TN
    The most direct and reliable method for me is to use the "Upload a File" button and navigate to the location of the JPGs on your device.

After 50 years the rubber tubes look more like smashed doughnuts.

s-l400.jpg
    SPRINGS_1__93234.1402783824.380.500.jpg

Guy Named Sue likes this.

7. Guillaume212

Jan 1, 2018
    Paris France
    Here are some pics of inside the body and pick ups.

Does it helps to identify the kind of pick ups ? Pre CBS or CBS ?

Also I was wandering : the dates on the pots are located on the side of the pots, buts most of the time, it's located on the top of the pots, do you know why they don't all have the same location ?

Attached Files:

8. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    If you wish to get rid of all that rust and dirt on the saddles, drop them in a glass of Coca Cola for a day or two, then use a toothbrush to clean them up.

9. Adam Wolfaardt

Adam Wolfaardt Strat-Talker

Jan 2, 2017
    France
    Pics won't show if it's pretty cbs or not. Only you can decide if it is or isn't. Fender was owned by cbs from January '65. Even single part of your guitar was made after the sale. Since small headstock '65 strats are still considered pre cbs yours would fall into that category. I'm of the opinion that December '64 is pre cbs and January'65 is pre cbs so it's up to you to decide how you see it.

Je serais curieux de l'essayer et de la comparer à ma '56. Je suis pas loin. ;)

10. Guillaume212

Jan 1, 2018
    Paris France
    For the rust and dirt, for the moment I prefer to leave as it gives a certain charm, -)
    But do you think to many dirt and rust could affect the sound of the guitare ? Makinit more "Matt" ? With less shining ?

Also Another question come ton my mind about the neck : as it as been built in oct 65, is it sure that it's Brazilian rosewood ? When Fender did switch for Indian rosewood ? I read several time it was in 66, is it true ?

Cheers

johnnymg likes this.

11. usul1978

Dec 9, 2015
    France
    For the pickups, a shot of the wire would help.

12. Guillaume212

Jan 1, 2018
    Paris France
    I prefer to see it as a pre CBS, as it as the small head...and also the fact that I sold my 68 to be able to get this one ! -)

Avec plaisir pour essayer nos guitares un de ces jour !

I also own a 57 reissue Custom shop limited edition realeased for the 2016 NAMM, it is absolutely gorgeous and sound incredible ! So with this 65 I own the 2 types oh necks ! Maple and rosewood !

13. Guillaume212

Jan 1, 2018
    Paris France
    I have also those 3 pictures if it helps ... after, I would need to open the guitar again -)

Attached Files:

14. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    There's no exact date when Fender stopped using Brazilian rosewood, they transitioned it out till their stock of Brazilian rosewood was out.

15. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member

You have a beauty of a Strat.....A pre CBS strat imo....

16. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    Welcome to Strat-Talk and congrats on acquiring that beautiful Strat.

I think most would describe a small headstock Stat of that era as "pre CBS" regardless of the fact it was made during CBS ownership.

17. crashbelt

crashbelt Strat-Talker

Feb 27, 2012
    England
    Welcome - that's a very nice looking Strat. Interesting that you were able to compare the sound with examples from other years.

In my unbiased objective view your small headstock 65 is pre-CBS. This scientific judgement is uninfluenced by the 65 CAR in my avatar:whistling:.

18. usul1978

Dec 9, 2015
    France
    BTW, I think the overall specs make it a korean squier. You can sell it to me accordingly.

19. Guillaume212

Jan 1, 2018
    Paris France
    Thank you everybody for your warm welcome and messages :)

20. Guillaume212

Jan 1, 2018
    Paris France
    I'm going to think about it :whistling::D

jojosmith likes this.