Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Is this a strat or what is it?

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by larscaster, Mar 9, 2018.

1. guitarface

guitarface Senior Stratmaster

Nov 11, 2012
    New York
    This is very easy. Someone other than fender assembled this guitar. Not a fender.

2. guitarface

Nov 11, 2012
    New York
    Like I said, this is very easy. The question is who first made the product. Not where are the parts from, not how many parts are from which place, but who built it. Yes, your jeep is still a jeep.

3. Martend

Martend Strat-Talk Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Assen, The Netherlands
    Think it means the original owner, ticked some boxes on the Warmoth website. :)

guitars likes this.

4. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Senior Stratmaster

Sep 4, 2015
    New Jersey
    The drop top has FIVE of the letter "A" in the rating. That's AAAAA.

I might have to buy this.

CyFan4036 likes this.

5. guitars

guitars Strat-Talk Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Canada
    I don’t know. It’s not a Jeep brand bumper, and I put it on myself. Maybe it’s a partsjeepster? Clearly, we have strict guidelines on these matters.

6. perttime

perttime Strat-Talker

May 4, 2015
    Finland
    What can you replace on a guitar - and keep it still a Fender?
    People are taking their strats and teles apart all the time. Replace switch, add or remove a condensator, replace a pickup, replace the scratch plate, replace the neck, replace the body...

Soon it is like an airplane: a Spitfire is still the same Spitfire, even if the plate with the serial number is the only original part.

guitars likes this.

7. Ravenmore

Ravenmore Strat-O-Master

Oct 9, 2017
    Cedar Park
    Isn't Warmouth licensed by Fender to make Fender necks and bodies. Haven't they made parts for Fender? Honest question - always heard their stuff is pretty nice.

guitars likes this.

8. guitarface

Nov 11, 2012
    New York
    Yes, they're licensed and they make good stuff. Doesn't mean that when someone other than fender uses their stuff to make a guitar that it is a fender.

9. guitarface

Nov 11, 2012
    New York
    It is what it is. I'd say body or neck replacement turns it into a partscaster. In the sales game, honesty is what matters- here's a fender where I replaced x, y and z.

10. T Guitar Floyd

T Guitar Floyd Senior Stratmaster

Oct 27, 2014
    Arizona
    A "Not Strat". :whistling: :)

11. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
    This is fun. Let me try.

What if I disassembled my Fender guitar and then put it back together myself? Fender or not?

CyFan4036 and guitars like this.

12. guitarface

Nov 11, 2012
    New York
    Fender. And I'm going to need to reassemble my phone if it autocorrects to gender one more time.

CyFan4036, guitars and knh555 like this.

13. knh555

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Is the USS Constitution really the oldest commissioned floating warship in the world?

"Naval History and Heritage Command Detachment Boston, the unit charged with overseeing Constitution’s maintenance and repair, estimates that 10 to 15 percent of the ship’s fabric is composed of timber installed between 1795 and 1797. This “original” wood includes the ship’s keel, lower futtocks, and the deadwood at the stem and stern."

14. knh555

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
    haha! OK. Let's add a small change. What if I reassembled it and changed out the pick guard?

You see where this is going.

It's a silly debate. IMHO, all that matters is the seller appears to have been honest about the guitar's parts and decal. I don't see a problem. If Fender has a problem with their decal being there, that's their business. Or perhaps the decal is just another replaced/added part.

guitars likes this.

15. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Strat-O-Master

Oct 25, 2017
    Nawth Alabama
    Subtle differences:
    1. Whole Fender guitar originally sold as a finished unit = Fender
    2. Whole Fender guitar originally sold as a finished unit, neck or body replaced with "licensed" non-fender = Fender
    3. All Fender components originally sold separately by Fender, assembled by non-employee = parts-caster
    There are lots of 'shades of gray' here. You buy a Fender guitar and yer cat knocks it off the stand, breaking the neck. Phone call to Fender gets you a replacement, which you install yourself. A month later, your dog, in an attempt to express his artful soul has performed a severe relic-job on the body...which renders it too splintery to play. You obtain a new body from Fender. Is it a parts-caster now? How is it different from #3?

guitars likes this.

16. guitarface

Nov 11, 2012
    New York
    I'm not debating anything. I've just never understood why anyone might have difficulty with these questions or call something they made a fender if they are not fender?

17. perttime

perttime Strat-Talker

May 4, 2015
    Finland
    I mostly agree.
    You get into a little gray area if, for example you need to replace a neck for some good reason - and put a different Fender neck on your Strat. One or more of SRV's strats had a neck replacement.

18. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Senior Stratmaster

Jun 10, 2013
    Hillsboro, OR, USA
    I'd say a custom guitar made with Warmoth parts.. Warmoth being a shop that makes custom guitar parts.

19. Ravenmore

Ravenmore Strat-O-Master

Oct 9, 2017
    Cedar Park
    Honestly it seems like the seller is being pretty honest. Not sure this is worth $900 though. I can't even sell my 'real' American Standard for that right now.

Side note - I thought P90's were single coil...?

20. DickBanks

DickBanks Strat-Talker

May 2, 2017
    Olathe, KS
    Might be a GREAT guitar, at maybe half that price, depending upon the pedigree of all the parts--mainly the pickups.
    Can't see $900 under any condition. And it's a FRAUD as labeled.