Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

is this ORIGINAL fender Pick up ?

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by Yudhi, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Yudhi

Yudhi Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Africa
    Hi all..
    i just buy vintage Fender Strat USA from my friend, no strings attached :p :p
    then i open the pickguards and see the pickup. I wanna ask you guys.. is this pickup original or has been changed ?

i ask my friend (seller) he doesnt know, cause this guitar is his daddy guitar.. and his daddy is past away.

thanks.. IMAG5705.jpg IMAG5703.jpg IMAG5704.jpg IMG-20171010-WA0000.jpeg IMAG5706.jpg IMG-20171010-WA0004.jpeg IMG-20171010-WA0002.jpeg IMG-20171010-WA0008.jpeg

2. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    I hate to be the first one to tell you this, but that is not a vintage Fender guitar. It's actually not even a real Fender at all.

Sorry. :(

3. Yudhi

Yudhi Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Africa
    oh really? :( :( can u show me which part thats not "a real fender at all" .
    Many Thanks..

4. Ebidis

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    All of the electronics (including the pickups) look like what they use on fake Chinese or cheap Squier guitars. The fender logo and the string tree are wrong, the 12th fret dot spacing is wrong, and there are 22 frets, which would only be found on modern Strats.

Can you show a picture of the entire headstock with the nut, the back of the headstock, the back of the body and the pickup routing?

That may give more confirmation one way or the other, but it doesn't look good so far. :(

5. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter Vendor Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    Most of them, unfortunately. As Ebidis noted, not vintage, not Fender. It's a modern, cheaper guitar, maybe a Squier, trying to look old on some of the outside.

I don't really see any vintage details on it but a six point trem and bent saddles. everything else is all kinds of wrong for vintage Fender.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Ebidis likes this.

6. Yudhi

Yudhi Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Africa
    Thank for your info.. anyway ..sorry this Fender is 90's Fender. when im check the serial number. not the vintage fender.. i got wrong information when i buy this used fender from my friend

7. Yudhi

Yudhi Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Africa
    This is the picture u ask.. is it correct ? thanks

IMAG5703.jpg IMG-20171010-WA0000.jpeg IMG-20171010-WA0008.jpeg IMG-20171010-WA0006.jpeg

8. bchaffin72

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    But it's still not a Fender, either, vintage or otherwise. At least not that I know of.........

9. Yudhi

Yudhi Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Africa
    hi correction.. this is 90's Fender strat.. not Vintage fender. i got wrong info from my friend

10. Yudhi

Yudhi Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Africa
    oh my god.. whoever makes this "fender - look a like" must be expert.. it look like the original fender for me..

11. Ebidis

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    Sorry, but it's not a '90s fender either. It's not a fender at all. It's a fake fender. After seeing the back of the headstock, the tuners are also wrong.

Everything that I said was wrong is still wrong, no matter what year it was made.

12. Ebidis

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    If you don't know what to look for you can be fooled. People on this forum have spent years studying and researching Fender guitars. Unfortunately what looks obvious to us, is not obvious to someone who does not know what to look for.

stratman323 likes this.

13. bchaffin72

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    It's not at all uncommon for someone to take a guitar that sort of looks right, at least to the unsuspecting, and put a Fender logo on it. But since Fenders do tend to be our passion here, between us all, we know exactly what details to look for, big and small.

Ebidis likes this.

14. Yudhi

Yudhi Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Africa
    thanks for your info bro Ebidis and bchaffin 72. cheers

15. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    I'm afraid that I have to agree with the other comments earlier. That isn't a Fender. Sorry.

16. gilmourstrat

gilmourstrat Senior Stratmaster

Oct 16, 2012
    Europe
    What the others said... no Fender at all. About the pickups: those are ceramic, not Alnico as you would get on a USA Fender. The major issue is that it's not a Fender at all - MIM, USA or Korea, that's probably a Squier(?) or a chinese knock-off...

17. Yudhi

Yudhi Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Africa
    yeah.. i thought is a original fender, cause the tuner (back of the headstock) has fender logo on it.. :( :(

18. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    The tuners may well be genuine Fender. Didn't Fender Japan use tuners like that in the 1980s? But the rest of the guitar....?

19. Yudhi

Yudhi Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Africa
    hi i found this site 'guitar dater" it help u to track is your guitar genuine or not, by put in guitar serial number . so i put my fender serial number.. and the result is said its a genuine original Fender USA made .
    what do you thing ? thanks

this is the my screen shot :
    serial number approved.jpg

20. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    It may well be a genuine serial number. But I doubt if that guitar neck started it's life with that decal on it. None of the rest of the details add up - those tuners, pickups neckplate & string tree are all wrong for what seems to be pretending to be some sort of 1980s Fender American Standard Strat.

Somebody probably added that decal, with serial number, to something that never was a Fender.

Ebidis likes this.