Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

is this ORIGINAL fender Pick up ?

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by Yudhi, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    Sorry, it's a fake decal, with a serial number copied from a real Strat. There are probably many fake fenders with the exact same serial number.

I am very sorry that you are disappointed, I would be too, but I 100% guarantee you that your guitar is NOT a real Fender.

Once again:
    Electronics and pickups are wrong. Not what Fender uses.
    The headstock shape is wrong.
    The decal is wrong, with the wrong font for the serial number.
    The tuners are wrong.
    The 12th fret dot spacing is wrong (VERY WRONG)
    there is no truss rod plug at all. Fenders with maple fretboards have a truss rod plug or a bullet, unless they are the rare vintage late '60s CBS Strats. Yours is not one of those.

All of these things add up to a fake fender guitar.

Again, I'm sorry, but the details do not add up at all.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Yellowdawg likes this.

2. Yellowdawg

Yellowdawg Strat-Talker

Jun 29, 2016
    Puyallup, Washington

3. Yudhi

Yudhi Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Africa
    my guitar : fender logo at headstock same like the rare genuine fender guitar i found at E bay..

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 11.12.27 PM.jpg serial number approved.jpg

4. Yudhi

Yudhi Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Africa

5. Yudhi

Yudhi Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Africa
    No problem Bro.. im very thankful about all your information. this is give me so much learn. to make me better to takecare first before buy Fender.. Cheers..!

6. gilmourstrat

gilmourstrat Senior Stratmaster

Oct 16, 2012
    Europe
    When buying a guitar, if not bought new from a store or something, do post here with pics. Lots of knowledge folks here will tell you everything you want to know ;)

I hope it was, at least, a good learning experience. No chance of returning it I guess?

7. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    Those logos are not the same at all.

Here is a picture of a real 1993 headstock. Notice the logo is silver, not gold, The cross bar of the F does not touch the E, there is no break between the N and the D, there is no break between the D and the second E, and there is no "original contoured body" decal.

Also, the bottom edge of the headstock has more curve than yours does.

iu.jpeg

Now look at the tuners on this one. See the difference from the tuners on your guitar?
    iu.jpeg

You can search the internet all you want, or you can trust the word of every single person (who has already spent much time researching Fender Strats) that has replied to this thread and told you that your guitar is (unfortunately) fake.

Again I am sorry that you got a fake fender, but the physical attributes, and minute details of your guitar all add up to it being fake, and no amount of searching and hoping is going to change that.

stratman323 likes this.

8. Yudhi

Yudhi Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Africa
    thank u again for the info.. honestly im disappointed. well i will try to return it .. i hope my friend (a guy that i buy this guitar from him) agree to return my money. :) :)

9. Yudhi

Yudhi Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Africa
    I dont know. i would try to returning it :) :)