Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Is this Strat body genuine

Discussion in 'DIY Strat Forum' started by StrugglingStrum, Oct 10, 2018 at 10:59 AM.

1. StrugglingStrum

StrugglingStrum Strat-Talker

Jan 29, 2015
    Ft worth texas
    I like this body and am considering buying for a parts caster project,but this forum has made me so jaded about sellers on eBay. It’s a custom shop vintage blonde body from 1999. What consents me is that it says relic under the neck plate, but I don’t see any significant signs of relic on it. You guys are much more knowledgeable than I am so if you can tell me what you think, I would appreciate it.
    IMG_0849.JPG IMG_0850.JPG IMG_0851.JPG IMG_0852.JPG IMG_0854.JPG IMG_0855.JPG

2. StrugglingStrum

Jan 29, 2015
    Ft worth texas
    On a side note, I’m having a hard time justifying and 800 dollar body. It just feels excessive, but you can’t really get this color and finish with the vintage bridge in any thing other than the custom shop model. I considered converting a 2 point Trem and save half the money, but I’m not to comfortable doing that. The research I did said Callaham had a conversion kit, but I don’t think they sell it anymore. At least I couldn’t find it.

3. jchabalk

jchabalk Strat-Talk Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Northern California
    that does seem excessive - you could get a body made to your spec and have mjt finish it to your preference for ~1/2 that

4. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca

5. StrugglingStrum

Jan 29, 2015
    Ft worth texas
    Who is mjt?

6. Tone Guru

Tone Guru Senior Stratmaster

Dec 13, 2011
    Music City TN
    The Time Machine range consists of several finish options including NOS, Closet Classic and Relic.
    It seems they are all stamped Relic regardless the degree of aging.

Mark Jenny

StrugglingStrum likes this.

7. StrugglingStrum

Jan 29, 2015
    Ft worth texas
    The listing does say it was a time machine model. So you think it’s legit?

8. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    It's legit but WAY overpriced.....for about $1000 or so you can find an entire guitar like that.....

9. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Pretty certain it's legit, but flippin' expensive for a body.

10. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Terra Incognito
    It's legit but like everyone else, I'd go with MJT. Good quality body in the finish you like and it's lacquer just like the CS.

11. dueducs

dueducs Senior Stratmaster

Here is my blonde hardtail body that I built into a 1959 Mary Kaye tribute. $325 for the Swamp Ash body with correct body contours.
    I really like that one you are looking at, but $800 is high. Then again, it's a factory piece so may be worth it in the end.
    Keep us updated on the build if you do purchase this one... it's gorgeous!

01.jpg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 8:11 AM

12. StrugglingStrum

Jan 29, 2015
    Ft worth texas
    Thanks for that, he has a lot of great products. The only hesitation I have is that generally with after market bodies they have a skinny butt(if that makes sense) and I prefer the width of a fender. Do you have any experience with these bodies? How close would you say they come to the original? TIA

13. sumran

sumran Fan of Leo

Mar 7, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Could you explain? Fenders are mostly consistent with the outline and thickness. The vary a lot in the contours from one year to another.

14. StrugglingStrum

Jan 29, 2015
    Ft worth texas
    Yes, fenders are consistent, I was talking about after market bodies not being the same size as fenders.

15. StrugglingStrum

Jan 29, 2015
    Ft worth texas
    IMG_0857.JPG
    This is smaller than a fender a more or less what I was talking about

16. jchabalk

jchabalk Strat-Talk Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Northern California
    For better or worse my experience is happening right now - i've got a musikraft body over at MJT getting finished right now. I did a good deal of looking before moving forward with my project and it sounds like the s and t bodies from musikraft, warmoth, and usacustom all hit the mark.

17. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Lewisville, TX
    Used Time Machines are $2k.

18. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Yes 800 bucks for a Fender custom shop body imo is not over priced..

19. UmpaHimself

UmpaHimself Strat-O-Master

Jul 16, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Dude, definitely look into MJT. A quick Google/Ebay search will tell you everything you need to know and they are top notch in both quality and customer service.

But there are other options like The STRATosphere if you don't necessarily want a reliced body. They part out Genuine Fender guitars at reasonable prices. Here is an authentic Fender American Original body in blond for half the price of the CS body.